Virginia Lucille Fowler1
F, b. 11 October 1921, d. 9 December 1979
- Father: John Allen Fowler1 b. c 1861, d. 29 May 1936
- Mother: Catherine V Dreimueller1 b. 24 Jan 1892, d. 26 Dec 1965
- Name Variation: As of 11 October 2921, Virginia Lucille Fowler was also known as Loretta.2
- Birth*: She was born on 11 October 1921 at Augustana Hospital, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.2,1,3,4
- Residence: She lived in 1921 at 6413 N. Clark Street, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.2
- Biography*: Her death certificate states that her origin of decent is German.3
- Name Change: On 10 June 1941 her name was legally changed to Virginia Fowler Supplemental Report: Correction of Birth Record signed by Catherine V. Fowler, mother.5
- Marriage*: She married William Herman Rohloff, son of William Herman Martin Rohloff and Lillian Wessolick, on 19 August 1943.1,3
- Married Name: As of 19 August 1943,her married name was Rohloff.1
- Residence*: Virginia Lucille Fowler lived in 1979 at 1325 W. Eddy, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA; Home was owned.3
- Death*: She died on 9 December 1979 at Ravenswood Hospital, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA, at age 58.1,3,6
- Burial*: She was buried on 11 December 1979 at Rosehill Cemetery, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA; Photo of headstone in file.3
Family: William Herman Rohloff b. 15 Sep 1920, d. 30 Oct 1993
- [S1000] Cara McIntyre Batke, "Batke Genealogy Data," e-mail to Elaine McIntyre Beaudoin, November 13, 2006.
- [S1067] Loretta Fowler, Illinois Certificate of Birth no. 44996 (October 19, 1921).
- [S1035] Virginia Rohloff, Illinois Medical Certificate of Death.
- [S1002] U. S. Social Security Administration, Virginia Rohloff, accessed November 18, 2006.
- [S1068] Virginia L. Fowler, Illinois Supplemental Report: Correction of Birth Record no. 44996 (June 10, 1941).
- [S1002] U. S. Social Security Administration, Virginia Rohloff, SSN# 361-07-3401, accessed November 18, 2006.
Walter E Fowler1
M, b. circa February 1860
- Birth: Walter E Fowler was born circa 1860 at Illinois, USA.1
- Birth*: He was born circa February 1860 at Illinois, USA.2,3
- Residence: He lived on 12 June 1860 at Spring, Post Office Belvidere, Boone County, Illinois, USA.2
- Name Variation: As of 12 June 1860, Walter E Fowler was also known as Wille.2
- Residence*: He lived on 23 July 1870 at Flora, Post Office Belvidere, Boone County, Illinois, USA.1
- Occupation*: He was Farmer on 3 June 1880.4
- Residence: He lived on 3 June 1880 at Flora Township, Boone County, Illinois, USA.4
- (Witness) Census 1900: He appeared on the 1900 census of 4 June 1900 in the household of Lyman Fowler and Ette Albright at White Township, Kingman County, Kansas, USA.3
- Biography*: In 1900, Walter is single.3
- Occupation: Walter E Fowler was a farmer on 4 June 1900.3
- [S1069] 1870 Illinois, Boone County, Flora, Washington, DC, Page 416, Ancestry.com, accessed March 28, 2007.
- [S1082] 1860 US Census, Illinois, Boone County, Spring, Post Office Belvidere, Washington, DC, Page 400, Ancestry.com, accessed January 2, 2008.
- [S1227] 1900 US Census, Kansas, Kingman County, White Township, Washington, DC, FamilySearch.org, Accessed, September 11, 2010.
- [S1083] 1880 US Census, Illinois, Boone County, Flora Township, Washington, DC, ED 7, page 408, Ancestry.com, accessed March 28, 2007.
M, d. before 1915
- Marriage*: He married Kate Reilly at Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania, USA, in 1909.1
- Death*: John died before 1915.2
Family: Kate Reilly b. 1885
Christina M. Frandsen1
F, b. circa 1885, d. 1 April 1957
- Birth*: Christina M. Frandsen was born circa 1885 at California, USA.1
- Biography: Christina's parent were born in Denmark.1
- Marriage*: She married Solomon Steidley circa 1909; They were 24 when they got married.1
- Married Name: Her married name was Steidley.1
- Residence*: Christina M. Frandsen and Solomon Steidley lived in 1941 at 286 Santa Clara Avenue, Oakland, Alameda County, California, USA.2
- Death*: Christina M. Frandsen died on 1 April 1957 at Oakland, Alameda County, California, USA.
Steidley, Christina M., of San Lorenzo, April 1, 1957. Beloved wife of the late Solomon Liston Steidley; dear mother of Burke and Dean Steidley and the late Donald Steidley; grandmother of Allan, Roy and Don Steidley, sister of Mrs. Peter Neilsen. A native of St. Helena. A charter member of Daughters of the Nile Nefru-Art Temple No. 17, Southern Alameda County Nile Club and Scottish Rite Ladies Club.
Friends are invited to attend services at the Telegraph Avenue chapel of Grant Miller Mortuaries, 2559 Telegraph Avenue, Oakland. Thursday April 4 at 1 o'clock p.m. (Ample off-street parking.) Interment private.3
Family: Solomon Steidley b. c 1885, d. 9 Jun 1941
- [S1773] 1930 US Census, California, Alameda County, Oakland, Washington, DC, ED 48, page 17A, Ancestry.com, accessed August 8, 2013.
- [S1771] U. S. City Directories, 1821-1989, Oakland City Directory, page 996, accessed August 8, 2013.
- [S1775] Oakland Tribune, April 3 1957, newspaperarchive.com, accessed August 8, 2013.
- [S981] California Births, 1905-1995, online www.californiabirthindex.org, Burke F. Steidley, Ancestry.com, accessed August 8, 2013.
M, b. 27 September 1894, d. 13 August 1953
- Note*: Arthur T. Frank Sr. Lisa Frank located a birth certificate for Amandus Frank, born 27 Sept 1894, Cook County, Illinois, born in Chicago. The father is listed as Wilhelm Frank, but the mother is listed as Ana Marie Wehrli. It is likely that Anna Berbach, who is listed as the mother on Arthur T. Frank Sr., death certificate, is incorrect. More research needs to be done.
Email from Lisa Frank on December 2, 2014. on 27 September 1894.4
- Birth*: He was born on 27 September 1894 at Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.2,1
- Marriage*: He married Alma I. Rohloff, daughter of William Herman Rohloff and Sophie Künn (Kenn), before 1917.2
- Occupation*: Arthur T. Frank Sr. was Salesman of law books on 12 January 1920.2
- Census 1920*: He and Alma I. Rohloff appeared on the 1920 census of 12 January 1920 at 4035 Bernard Avenue, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.2
- Biography*: Arthur was not in the military per his death certificate.1
- Residence*: Arthur T. Frank Sr. and Alma I. Rohloff lived before 1951 at 4236 N. Francisco Avenue, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.5
- (informant) Death: Arthur T. Frank Sr. was an informant on the death certificate of Alma I. Rohloff on 26 March 1951 at Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, at age 54;
Frank - Alma I Frank, nee Rohloff, beloved wife of Arthur T. Sr., dearly loved mother of Mildred, Arthur Jr., and William, grandmother of William, Robert, Barbara, and Ronald, sister of Sophie Sorensen, Hattie Freyer, and William Rohloff. At funeral home, 3918 Irving Park road. Service Friday, 1:30 p.m. Interment Acadia Park.
Chicago Tribune, March 15, 1951, page NA9.5,6,7
- Occupation: Arthur T. Frank Sr. was an inspector at the Stewart Warner Corporation in Chicago before 1953.1
- Death*: He died on 13 August 1953 at Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, at age 58;
Frank -- Arthur T. Frank, Sr. husband of the late Alma, nee Rohloff, dear father of Mildred, Arthur Jr., and William, grandfather of William, Robert Barbara and Ronald, brother of William, Pearl Borchardt, Le Roy, and Virgil. At funeral home, 3918 Irving Park road. Service Monday, 1:30 p.m. Interment Acacia Park.
Chicago Tribune, August 15, 1953, page 12.1,8
- Burial*: He was buried on 17 August 1953 at Acacia Park Cemetery, Norwood Township, Cook County, Illinois, USA.1
Family: Alma I. Rohloff b. 29 Aug 1896, d. 26 Mar 1951
- [S1273] Sr. Arthur T. Frank, Illinois Medical Certificate of Death.
- [S1024] 1920 US Census, Illinois, Cook County, Chicago, Washington, DC, ED 1629, Page 10B, Ward 27, Ancestry.com, accessed November 18, 2006.
- [S1032] Chicago Daily News, May 5, 1942, Page 25.
- [S2089] Lisa Frank, "Discrepancy on Family tree docs," e-mail to Elaine Beaudoin and Debbie Becker, December 2, 2014, A copy of the birth certificate of Amandus Frank, no. 4334 was included.
- [S1272] Alma I. Frank, Illinois Medical Certificate of Death.
- [S1051] Chicago Tribune, November 15, 1954, page C6, Accessed December 1, 2006, ProQuest.
- [S1382] Chicago Tribune, March 15, 1951, page NA9, ProQuest Historical Newspapers, Chicago Tribune (1849-1987), accessed February 2011.
- [S1402] Chicago Tribune, August 15, 1953, page 12, ProQuest Historical Newspapers, Chicago Tribune (1849-1987), accessed February, 2011.
- [S1273] Sr. Arthur T. Frank, Illinois Medical Certificate of Death.
M, b. 20 September 1906, d. 19 April 1977
- Birth*: Herman Fredrick was born on 20 September 1906 at Esk, Saskatchewan, Canada.1,2
- Employment*: He was employed by the Whirlpool Corporation between 1927 and 1971when he retired.2
- Residence*: He lived on 25 July 1933 at 11 Park Street, St. Joseph, Berrien County, Michigan, USA.1
- Occupation*: He was Factory worker on 30 July 1933.3
- Marriage*: He married Katherine Batke, daughter of Henry Batke and Katherine Reck, on 5 August 1933 at Lutheran Service, St. Joseph, Berrien County, Michigan, USA; Married by Louis Nuechterbeau(sp?) a Lutheran Pastor. Witnesses: Arthur Engler of Stevensville and Mary Batke of St. Joseph.4
- Residence*: Herman Fredrick and Katherine Batke lived in 1934 at 714 Vine Street, St. Joseph, Berrien County, Michigan, USA; Living at the same address as Henry Batke.5
- Death*: Herman Fredrick died on 19 April 1977 at St. Joseph, Berrien County, Michigan, USA, at age 70;
Herman Fredrick -- Herman Fredrick, 70, of 1322 Wolcott, St. Joseph, died at 11:30 A.M. Tuesday in Mercy hospital. He was born Sept. 20, 1906, in Esk, Saskatchewan, Canada.
Mr. Fredrick was a member of Trinity Lutheran church, St. Joseph and retired in 1971 from Whirlpool corporation, where he had been employed 44 years. He was a member of Whirlpool Old Timers club.
Surviving are his widow, Katherine; two sons, Donald W. Ypsilanti and Robert L., Salt Lake City, Utah; a daughter, Mrs. Robert (Jeanne) Hartman, Stevensville; two sisters, Mrs. Olga Schultz, Benton Harbor and Mrs. Ida Noack, Niles; a step brother, Adolph Lockman, Benton Heights and eight grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday in Trinity Lutheran church. Burial will be in North Shore Memory Gardens. Memorials may be made to the church.
Friends may call at the Front funeral home, Benton Harbor.2
- Burial*: He was buried on 22 April 1977 at North Shore Memorial Gardens, Hagar Shores, Berrien County, Michigan, USA.2
Family: Katherine Batke b. 30 Nov 1911, d. 10 Aug 1997
- [S1040] Certificate, Herman Fredrick and Katherine Batke marriage of August 5, 1933.
- [S1170] Herald-Palladium, April 20, 1977.
- [S1040] Certificate, Herman Fredrick and Katherine Batke marriage of August 5, 1933, FHL# 1954307.
- [S1040] Certificate, Herman Fredrick and Katherine Batke marriage of August 5, 1933, FHL # 1954307.
- [S1072] Polk, Polk's Benton Harbor (Michigan), City Directories, FHL#1930288 or FHL# 2309251; 1934, Page 73.
Robert L. Fredrick1
M, b. 26 June 1939, d. 28 August 2009
- Father: Herman Fredrick1 b. 20 Sep 1906, d. 19 Apr 1977
- Mother: Katherine Batke1,2 b. 30 Nov 1911, d. 10 Aug 1997
- Charts: Batke
- Birth*: Robert L. Fredrick was born on 26 June 1939 at St. Joseph, Berrien County, Michigan, USA.3,1,4
- Residence*: He lived on 19 April 1977 at Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, Utah, USA.1
- Death*: He died on 28 August 2009 at Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, Utah, at age 70; Robert Fredrick "Fred" - Robert Louis Fredrick died peacefully at his home on August 28, 2009 succumbing to cancer after an intense three month illness. Robert (know to many, including his wife, as "Fred") was born on June 26, 1939, to Herman Fredrick and Katherine Batke Fredrick in St. Joseph, Michigan, the second of their three children. He attended Lutheran School through the eighth grade and graduated from St. Joseph High School in 1957. Robert joined the U.S. Navy in 1957 and served two separate enlistments in the Western Pacific earning Good Conduct Medals, the National Defense Service Medal, and the Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal for service in Vietnam. Robert married Ruth LaRee Erickson on May 1, 1964, in Seattle, Washington. They lived for two years in Honolulu, Hawaii. He left the Navy in 1966 and the family moved to Seattle. Robert finished his education there and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business, specializing in Finance, from the University of Washington in 1968. He was a member of Alpha Kappa Psi, professional business fraternity. After graduation, he worked at Pacific National Bank of Seattle in the Trust Department. Later, he joined the Tandy Corporation at Radio Shack. He rose to District Manager and accepted a transfer in 1975 to Salt Lake City, Utah where he lived the remainder of his life. His career encompassed retail sales, sales management, service management, delivery services, and manufacturing. He solely owned and headed two successful small businesses and was managing partner in a third. He acted as financial consultant to two startup companies. While employed by the U. S. Postal Service, he was actively involved with Local 332 of the Mail Handlers Union. Raised in the Lutheran faith, he was later baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 2000. He was an accomplished golfer, who used his 6'5" frame to drive a mile off the tee. He played basketball as the center on his youth teams, many times as captain, and remained an avid fan throughout his life. March Madness and the NBA Finals were mandatory viewing. He also enjoyed tennis, and was a dedicated football fan. Survived by his wife, Ruth; three children and their spouses, -- Blane Scott and Joyce Fredrick, Alison Christine and Jeff Peterson, and Stephanie LaRee Brown; seven grandsons and six granddaughters--Jason, Megan, Kyle, Emma, Nate and Abigail Fredrick, Kirsten, Rob and Eric Peterson, John Barrett, Austin, Erin and Emily Brown. Also survived by older brother and his wife, Donald W. and Barbara Fredrick, of Ypsilanti, Michigan; and a younger sister and her husband, Jeanne and Robert Hartman, of Stevensville, Michigan, two nieces, Heidi and Hope and four nephews, David, Mark, Chad and Drew. His Godmother, Anna Batke Pesko, also survives. Fred loved Ruth's five sisters and their families, and was a caring and helpful son-in-law to her mother, Nina Erickson. Funeral services will be at high noon on Thursday, September 3, 2009, at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, South Cottonwood Chevy Chase Ward chapel, 5235 South Wesley Road (1125 East). Friends and loved ones may arrive after 11:00 a.m. for viewing and hugging prior to the start of the service. Burial will be at Murray City Cemetery, 5490 South Vine Street, Jenkins-Soffe Mortuary is overseeing the arrangements. Ruth wishes to publicly thank Taylor A. Jeppson, M. D. for all he has done during more than 30 years as our family physician. He has been a blessing in our lives. The family greatly appreciates the expert care and gentle attention given to Robert and his family by many dear representatives from Inspiration Hospice. We came to love you all.
Note: Received a note from Robert's brother, Don, saying the actually death was August 30, 2009. Received email on September 4, 2017.3
Family: Francis H. Whalen
- [S2168] Whalen Family Photograph, c1900, Elaine McIntyre Beaudoin, personal files, Pictured left to right: Rose, Francis H., Helen, Amanda (Freeze) and George Adam. Received in email from Jane Domke, July 9, 2015.
F, b. 25 December 1917, d. 1990
- Father: Frank Carl Freyer1 b. 19 Apr 1890, d. c 29 Sep 1969
- Mother: Hattie M. Rohloff1 b. Oct 1891, d. a 1954
- Birth*: Evelyn Emma Freyer was born on 25 December 1917 at 4037 Bernard, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.1,2
- Address*: As of 12 January 1920, Evelyn Emma Freyer lived at 4037 Bernard Avenue, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.1
- Address: As of 2 April 1930, Evelyn Emma Freyer lived at Chicago, Cook County, Illinois.3
- Married Name: Her married name was Olsen.4
- Marriage*: She married Walter Olsen.4
- Death*: Evelyn Emma Freyer died in 1990.5
- Burial*: She was buried on 29 December 1990 at Montrose Cemetery, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA. Location of grave: N41 degrees, 58.894'; W087 degrees, 43.916'; elevation: 572'.6
Family: Walter Olsen b. 1914, d. 13 Jun 1983
- [S1025] 1920 US Census, Illinois, Cook County, Chicago, Washington, DC, ED 1629, Page 10B, Ward 27, Ancestry.com, accessed November 18, 2006.
- [S1691] Evelyn Emma Freyer, Illinois birth certificate no. 45370, familysearch.org, accessed January 17, 2013 (3 Jan 1918).
- [S1021] 1930 US Census, Illinois, Cook County, Chicago, Washington, DC, ED 1445, Page 2A, Ward 40, Ancestry.com, accessed November 18, 2006.
- [S1390] Chicago Tribune, September 30, 1980, page 13, ProQuest Historical Newspapers, Chicago Tribune (1849-1987), accessed February 2011.
- [S1393] Walter Olsen Cemetery marker, Montrose Cemetery, Chicago, Illinois.
- [S1394] Evelyn O. Edwards Cemetery grave card, Montrose Cemetery, Chicago, Illinois.