M, b. 10 December 1874, d. 8 May 1943
- Note*: Thomas F. Sullivan Not positive this is the son of Matthew Sullivan and Catherine Corr. In his death notice, it names his sister Rose Clark. There was no Rose on the 1901 Irish Census. More work needs to be done.
- Birth*: He was born on 10 December 1874 at Denbawn, Balllinanagh, Cavan, County Cavan, Ireland.3
- Birth: He was born on 2 December 1875 at County Cavan, Ireland.4
- Birth: He was born in August 1876 at Denn Crosskeys, Denn Parish, County Cavan, Ireland.1
- Occupation*: He was a retired Chicago Police Officer when he died.4
- Marriage*: He married Nora McHale, daughter of Thomas McHale and Nora Gill, on 28 November 1911 at Holy Name Cathedral, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA; Witnesses: Edward O'Malley and Katherine McHale.5,2
- Residence*: Thomas F. Sullivan lived before 8 May 1943 at 905 Dakin Street, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.4
- Death*: He died on 8 May 1943 at Columbus Hospital, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA, at age 68; SULLIVAN - Thomas F. Sullivan, late of 905 Dakin st., beloved husband of Nora McHale Sullivan, father of Thomas F., brother of Rose Clark. Funeral Tuesday 9:30 a.m. from 4225 Sheridan rd. to St. Mary of the Lake Church and Mount Carmel Cemetery.
Chicago Daily News, May 10, 1943, page 26.4
- Funeral: He received the blessing of the church at the funeral on 11 May 1943 at St. Mary of the Lake Church, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.2
- Burial*: He was buried on 11 May 1943 at Mount Carmel Cemetery, Hillside, Cook County, Illinois, USA. Plot location: Section 27, Block 15, Lot S25, Grave 3.4,2
Family: Nora McHale b. 1 Jan 1875, d. b 4 Oct 1954
- [S610] Marriage Register: Holy Name Parish Records, Marriages 1908 - 1913, Chicago Irish Families, 1875-1925, Accessed: February 18, 2006.
- [S1294] Chicago Daily News, May 10, 1943, page 26.
- [S2429] Thomas Sullivan, Bellananagh, Cavan, County Cavan birth registration Entry 419, page 84-86, code 02145550, Document provided by Eileen Sullivan from www.irishgenealogy.ie, February 12, 2017 (December 12, 1876).
- [S1293] Thomas Francis Sullivan, Illinois Certificate of Death, Family History Library, Illinois, Deaths and Stillbirths, 1916-1947, MF#1953849.
- [S610] Marriage Register: Holy Name Parish Records, Marriages 1908 - 1913, Chicago Irish Families, 1875-1925.
Thomas F. Jr. Sullivan1
M, b. 2 December 1912, d. 7 January 2003
- Father: Thomas F. Sullivan1 b. 10 Dec 1874, d. 8 May 1943
- Mother: Nora McHale1 b. 1 Jan 1875, d. b 4 Oct 1954
- Birth*: Thomas F. Jr. Sullivan was born on 2 December 1912 at Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.2,3
- Marriage*: He married Evelyn Julie Ecke on 30 June 1945 at St. Philip Neri, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.3
- Occupation*: Thomas F. Jr. Sullivan was a metallurgist with Armstron-Blum Company.3
- Death*: He died on 7 January 2003 at Macomb, McDonough County, Illinois, USA, at age 90; Thomas F. Sullivan Sr., 90, of Macomb, IL, died Tuesday, January 7, 2003 at 5:40 p.m. at the McDonough District Hospital, Macomb, IL. He was born December 2, 1912 in Chicago, IL. The son of Thomas and Honora McHale Sullivan. He married Evelyn Julie Ecke on June 30, 1945 at St. Philip Neir Parish, Chicago, IL and she died October 31, 2001. He is survived by one son, Thomas (wife Deborah) Sullivan of Aurora, IL and three daughters, Julie (husband John) Herman of Santa Fe, NM, Patti (husband Dean) Sullivan-Howd of Macomb, IL, Margaret Mary Sullivan of Syracuse, NY; and five grandchildren, Galen Panosh, Madeline and Margaret Howd, Annie and Honora Sullivan-Chin. He was a graduate of Loyola University and was a retired metallurgist with the Armstrong-Blum Company. He formerly lived in Chicago, IL, Lombard, IL and Montague, MI. Funeral Mass will be Saturday at 12 Noon at St. Paul's Church in Macomb, IL with FR Richard Pricco officiating. Cremation rites will be accorded following the Mass and burial of the ashes will be in Mount Carmel Cemetery, Westchester, IL at a later date. Visitation is Friday from 4 to 6:30 p.m. at Dodsworth-Piper-Wallen Funeral Home. Memorials to the McDonough County Red Cross Transportation Fund, 1224 Maple Avenue, Macomb, IL 61455.
To Plant Memorial Trees in memory, please visit our Sympathy Store.
Published in Chicago Tribune from Jan. 9 to Jan. 11, 2003.2,3
- Burial*: He was buried on 11 January 2003 at Mt. Carmel Cemetery, Hillside, Cook County, Illinois, USA.3
Family: Evelyn Julie Ecke b. 1918, d. 31 Oct 2001
- [S1294] Chicago Daily News, May 10, 1943, page 26.
- [S2871] Thomas F. Sullivan Gravestone, Mt. Carmel Cemetery, Hillside, Cook County, Illinois, USA.
- [S2872] Chicago Tribune, January 9, 2003, online access: https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/chicagotribune/…
M, b. 8 August 1862, d. 13 April 1911
- Birth*: Thomas James Sullivan was born on 8 August 1862.4
- Birth: Thomas was born at Illinois, USA, in 1863.3
- Address*: As of 19 July 1870, Thomas James Sullivan lived at Ward 9, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.5
- Occupation*: He was Clerk on 3 June 1880.3
- Residence*: He lived on 3 June 1880 at 245 Taylor Street, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.3
- Occupation: He became a retired merchant in 1905.6
- (Witness) Census 1910: He appeared on the 1910 census of 4 May 1910 in the household of Rose L. Sullivan at 6146 Greenwood, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.1
- Residence: Thomas James Sullivan lived before 13 April 1911 at Chicago, Cook County, Illinois.7
- Biography: An inquest was held and it was determined that Thomas died of shock and injuries from being struck, knocked down and run over by a vehicle at about 1 a.m. at the corner of Jackson Boulevard and 5th avenue.6
- Biography*: Thomas never married.6
- Death*: He died on 13 April 1911 at Jackson Boulevard and 5th Avenue, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA, at age 48;
Man Killing Auto Leaves No Trace
Police Confronted with Another Bohn Case in Death of Thomas J. Sullivan
Hear of Gay Party
Big Machine Seen Shortly After Accident Only Clew to Jackson Boulevard Tragedy
As in the case of John J. Bohn, killed by an automobile Feb 21, the police have been unable to secure a single reliable clew to the identity of the driver of the automobile which killed Thomas J. Sullivan early yesterday morning. Capt. Stephen B. Wood of the detective department worked on the case all day and Inspector P. J. Lavin directed the efforts of six detectives to find the slayer of Sullivan without success. An inquest was started, but continued indefinitely.
A large covered automobile containing a party of men and women was seen going west on Jackson boulevard by a pedestrian about the time of the tragedy took place, but he did not notice the number and did not see the accident. The street practically was deserted because of the rainstorm.
Mr. Sullivan was a retired business man and had been on the west side looking after some property which he owns. He was run down and killed at West Jackson boulevard and Fifth avenue. He resided with his sister, Mrs. Francis T. Colby, 6146 Greenwood avenue. He is the brother of William and Frank Sullivan of the Sullivan Oil company, 413 Wells street.
In connection with the case Inspector Lavin is looking for the owner of an automobile travelling at a high rate of speed south on Sheridan road which was observed by a policemen last night. The number of the machine was taken and has been given to Inspector Lavin.
Chicago Tribune, April 14, 1911, page 6.7,6
- Burial*: He was buried on 15 April 1911 at Calvary Cemetery, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA. He is buried in lot 42, block 16, section N with his parents.8,6
- [S1433] 1910 US Census, Illinois, Cook County, Chicago, Washington, DC, ED 415; Ward 7, Page 8A, Ancestry.com, accessed December 29, 2011.
- [S1571] Probate Court of Cook County no. 2175 (Docket 3, page 245, box 2), Last Will and Testament, November 15, 1880.
- [S494] 1880 US Census, Illinois, Cook County, Chicago, Washington, DC, ED 86, sheet 8, line 8.
- [S1571] Probate Court of Cook County no. 2175 (Docket 3, page 245, box 2), Proof of Heirship, dated October 16, 1883.
- [S555] 1870 US Census, Illinois, Cook County, Chicago, Washington, DC, Ward 9, Page 172, Ancestry.com.
- [S1695] Thomas J. Sullivan, Illinois death certificate, www.familysearch.org, accessed December 29, 2012.
- [S1475] Chicago Daily Tribune, April 14, 1911, page 6, ProQuest Historical Newspapers, accessed February 24, 2012.
- [S1473] Sullivan Grave Card, Lot 42, Block 16, Section N, Calvary Cemetery, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA.
M, b. 4 July 1920, d. 12 December 1978
- Father: Matthew Sullivan1 b. 5 Dec 1881, d. 21 Mar 1946
- Mother: Bridget Brady1 b. 28 Sep 1893, d. 6 Nov 1990
- Birth: Thomas Joseph Sullivan was born circa 1920 at Ireland.1,3
- Birth*: He was born on 4 July 1920 at Dennbane, Cavan, County Cavan, Ireland.2,4
- Nickname: Thomas Joseph Sullivan also went by the name of "Rinceoir" When Teresa Sullivan Cahill talked about Thomas Sullivan being a great dancer,I thought she said he was called "Rackor" or "Rackord," but I have found the word for "dancer" in Irish is "Rinceoir." I believe that is the source of his nickname.5
- (informant) Death: He was an informant on the death certificate of Matthew Sullivan on 21 March 1946 at Denbawn, County Cavan, Ireland, at age 64; Death information provided by son, Thomas Soroghan, who was present at death.1,6
- (Witness) Marriage: He was a witness at Matthew Sullivan and Jane Anne Fitzpatrick's wedding at Church of Mountrath, Mountrath, Mountmellick, County Laois, Ireland, on 22 April 1957.7,8
- Biography*: Thomas lived in the Sullivan family home in Denbawn until he died. He married late in life and after a couple of years of marriage he died and his wife sold the family farm.1
- Death*: Thomas Joseph Sullivan died on 12 December 1978 at Denbawn, Denn Parish, County Cavan, Ireland, at age 58.1,3,9
- [S2406] Eileen Sullivan, "The Sullivan's - Matthew," e-mail to Elaine Beaudoin, December 9, 2016, Included a photo of the Sullivan home in Denbawn which has now been torn down.
- [S2630] Eileen Sullivan, "Descendant List of Matthew Soroghan."
- [S2407] Thomas Sullivan Gravestone, Drumvaddy Cemetery, Denn Parish, County Cavan, Ireland.
- [S2676] Thomas Joseph Sullivan, Ireland, County Cavan, Cavan, Bellananagh birth certificate Registration number 1772601, Copy of certificate provided by Eileen Sullivan (July 26, 1920).
- [S2522] Interview, Teresa Sullivan Cahill, August 22, 2017, He was given the name because he was a great dancer.
- [S2568] Matthew Sorahan, Bellananagh, Cavan, Ireland death record, Accessed 2017.
- [S2408] Eileen Sullivan, "Re: Happy New Year from Chicago," e-mail to Elaine Beaudoin, January 8, 2017.
- [S2412] Sullivan-Fitzpatrick marriage license, no. 6, registered April 26, 1957: Document provided by Eileen Sullivan, January 12, 2017.
- [S2664] Multiple transcribers and multiple photographers, Ireland Genealogy Projects Archives, Cavan Index, Photos by Breedeen Nulty; transcription by Valerie Ackroyd. Image 152 - In loving memory of | Thomas Sullivan | Denbawn | Died 12th Dec. 1978 | Age 58 yrs. | His mother Bridget | Died 6th Nov. 1990 | Aged 96 yrs. Denn Cemetery, accessed March 19, 2018.
Thomas Loyola Sullivan
M, b. 31 December 1910, d. 10 March 1990
- Father: Philip M. Sullivan1 b. 19 Nov 1885, d. 20 Jun 1959
- Mother: Nonie H. Mahoney b. 30 Dec 1889, d. 6 Jun 1971
- Birth*: Thomas was born at Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA, on 31 December 1910.2,3
- Baptism: He was baptized at St. Mary's Church, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA, on 7 January 1911. Religion: Roman Catholic; Sponsors: Thomas O'Mahoney and Mrs. Philip Sullivan. Thomas Egan, Minister..3
- Residence*: He lived on 10 January 1920 at 2031 Pratt Court, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA.4
- (Witness) Census 1930: He appeared on the 1930 census of 1930 in the household of Philip M. Sullivan and Nonie H. Mahoney at 1024 Maple, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA.5
- Employment*: Thomas's occupation: Hotel Clerk on 12 April 1930.5
- Residence: He lived on 22 June 1959 at Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.6
- Note*: He Thomas Loyola Sullivan never married.7
- Death*: He died on 10 March 1990 at Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, at age 79; Thomas L. Sullivan, age 78 of Evanston. Beloved brother of Philip (Betty) of St. Louis, Mo., Joseph C. (Sandy), Sr. Mary Ellen, D. C., of Indianapolis, Nancy of San Diego, CA., and Rita Ann (Ben) DeMarco of Palm Coast, FL. Many nieces and one nephew. Visitation Sunday 6 to 9 p.m., funeral Monday 9:30 a.m. from Donnellan - Fitzgerald - Franklin Funeral Home, 1571 Maple Ave. Evanston to St. Margaret Mary Church, 2324 Chase Ave. Chicago. Mass 10 a.m., Interment Calvary Cemetery. Info 708-869-2900. Chicago Tribune, March 11, 1990, Section 2, Page 13, Sunday.1
- Burial*: His body was interred on 12 March 1990 at Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA, at Calvary Cemetery.8
- [S410] Philip M. Sullivan Family Bible.
- [S410] Philip M. Sullivan Family Bible, Bible states that Thomas L. was born on December 31, 1911.
- [S2359] St. Mary Church, Evanston, Illinois, "St. Mary Church Record," Baptismal entry, Page 11, entry 76, MF# 1548257, Thomas Loyola Sullivan.
- [S490] 1920 US Census, Illinois, Cook County, Evanston, Washington, DC, ED 80, Page 8A, line 1.
- [S2379] 1930 US Census, Illinois, Cook County, Evanston, Washington, DC, ED 2128, page 16B, Ancestry.com, accessed August 20, 2016.
- [S510] Evanston Review, 25 June 1959, p. 97.
- [S2665] Rita DeMarco Borcherding and Rita Sullivan DeMarco, "Sullivan/Mahoney Family Group Sheet", Document provided by Amy Foust, daughter of Rita Borcherding, March 15, 2018.
- [S5] James Sullivan Cemetery Record, Graves purchased 1881, Calvary Cemetery, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA, 3rd from S. W. Corner.
Thomas P. Sullivan
M, b. 23 August 1856, d. 29 July 1936
- Birth*: Thomas was born at Easton, Northampton County, Pennsylvania, USA, on 23 August 1856.1,2,3
- Birth: He was born circa 1858.4
- Birth: He was born circa 1859.5
- Residence*: He resided at Williams Twp, Northampton County, Pennsylvania, USA, on 30 July 1860.1
- (Witness) Census 1870: He appeared on the 1870 census of 8 September 1870 in the household of Ann McGivney and James Sullivan at Glendon, Northampton County, Pennsylvania, USA.6
- Residence: He resided at Glendon, Northampton, Pennsylvania, on 8 September 1870.6
- Employment*: Thomas P. Sullivan was employed on 10 June 1880.7
- Residence: He lived on 10 June 1880 at 30 Bremer Street, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.7
- Marriage*: He married Emma R. Heffern at Holy Name Cathedral, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA, on 4 May 1886. Married by Rev. J. J. Darcy.8,9,4,3
- Biography*: Thomas had a grocery store with a saloon in the back. It was located near Fullerton and the "L" on Seminary.3
- Occupation*: Thomas P. Sullivan was retired on 24 April 1930.5
- Census 1930*: He and Emma R. Heffern appeared on the 1930 census of 24 April 1930 at 5062 N. Kenmore, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA. Thomas owned his own home and rented an apartment to his son James H. Sullivan. Note, Thomas is listed as Thomas C in the 1930 US Census.5
- Address*: As of 1936, Thomas P. Sullivan lived at 5062 Kenmore Avenue, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.2
- Death*: Thomas died on 29 July 1936 at Presbyterian Hospital, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA, at age 79.
Sullivan - Thomas P. Sullivan beloved husband of Emma, nee Heffern, fond father of James, Mrs. J. D. McCue, Mrs. Martin Detomble Jr., and the late Mrs. Joseph E. Love. Funeral from residence 5062 Kenmore Ave., Friday, July 31, 9:30 a.m. to St. Thomas of Canterbury Church where mass will be celebrated at 10:00 p.m. Interment Calvary, please omit flowers.
Chicago Tribune, July 29, 1936, page 10
- Burial*: He was buried on 31 July 1936 at Calvary Cemetery, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA.10,2
- Probate: His estate was probated in 1936 at Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA; Copy in Elaine M. Beaudoin's files.11
- Biography*: Thos. Sullivan Wills $44,000 in Trust to Widow
The will of Thomas P. Sullivan, leaving his $44,000 estate in trust to his widow, Emma, 5062 Kenmore avenue, was admitted to probate yesterday by Edward Luczak, assistant to the Probate judge. Mr. Sullivan, a pioneer north side grocer, died July 29 at the age of 80 years.
After the death of Mrs. Sullivan the principal will be divided in four shares, one to each of three living children and the fourth to the three children of a dead daughter.
Chicago Daily Tribune, November 13, 1936, page 20.12
Family: Emma R. Heffern b. 5 Apr 1864, d. 2 Nov 1939
- [S496] 1860 US Census, Pennsylvania, Northampton County, Williams, Washington, DC, Pg. 1163.
- [S596] Thomas P. Sullivan, Illinois certificate of death, Family History Library, MF# 1927010.
- [S1731] Joseph R. Sullivan, "Sullivan-Heffern Family Group Sheet."
- [S1580] Sullivan-Heffern Marriage License, no. 102237: FamilySearch.org, accessed May 5, 2012.
- [S1581] 1930 US Census, Illinois, Cook County, Chicago, Washington, DC, ED1786, page 1B, Ancestry.com, accessed May 1, 2012.
- [S497] 1870 US Census, Pennsylvania, Northampton County, Glendon, Washington, DC, Page 516, line 1.
- [S498] 1880 US Census, Illinois, Cook County, Chicago, Washington, DC, ED 180, page 167, line 6.
- [S617] Probate Court of Cook County No. 36P-5741 (Doc. 356; Page 558), Proof of Heirship.
- [S627] Illinois Statewide Marriage Index 1763-1900, online www.cyberdriveillinois.com/GenealogyMWeb/marrsrch.html, Thomas P. Sullivan and Emma Heffern, Lic no. 00102237.
- [S488] James Sullivan Cemetery Record, Graves purchased 1892, Calvary Cemetery, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA, S. E. Corner.
- [S617] Probate Court of Cook County No. 36P-5741 (Doc. 356; Page 558).
- [S1532] Chicago Daily Tribune, November 13, 1936, page 20.
M, b. 17 September 1875
- Father: Philip J. Sullivan1 b. 6 Jan 1840, d. 25 May 1915
- Mother: Ellen Connor1 b. 24 Aug 1843, d. 3 Dec 1919
- (Witness) Biography: Unnamed Sullivan witnessed the biography of Michael Andrew Sullivan: In Michael Sullivan's proof of heirship, supplemental (Philip J. Sullivan died before Michael's probate was settled) it states that Philip J. and Ellen Sullivan had 10 children, one of which died in infancy.
- Birth*: Unnamed Sullivan was born on 17 September 1875 at Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.2,3
- Blog*: He was mentioned in a blog at http://sullivanconnor.blogspot.com Sullivan/Connor Genealogy Blog
on 19 February 2010.4
- [S422] Male Sullivan, Birth Certificate D-68-19 (September 20, 1875).
- [S422] Male Sullivan, Birth Certificate D-68-19, Unable to find baptismal record in Holy Family Church. Searched on November 29, 2001 (September 20, 1875).
- [S1413] Bureau of Vital Statistics entry, Cook County birth registration, Unnamed baby. Parents living at 86 Sholto, Chicago, Family History Library, MF 1287722, page 68. Accessed February 11, 2012.
- [S665] Elaine Beaudoin's personal knowledge Elaine McIntyre Beaudoin, personal files.
M, d. before 2010
- Charts: Soraghan/Sullivan
- Death*: Vincent Sullivan died before 2010.1
M, b. 16 June 1922, d. 12 January 1996
- Father: Patrick J. Sorohan1 b. 11 Sep 1886, d. 14 Jul 1974
- Mother: Mary A. Finnegan1 b. 20 Apr 1884, d. 16 Oct 1973
- Charts: Soraghan/Sullivan
- Birth*: Vincent A. Sullivan was born on 16 June 1922 at Hamden, New Haven County, Connecticut, USA.1,3
- Death*: He died on 12 January 1996 at West Haven, New Haven County, Connecticut, USA, at age 73; He worked as an insurance agent, an employee of the New Haven Post Office, and an employee of the Miles Co. in West Haven. He was a World War II army veteran. He lived in East Haven late in life and lived in New Haven earlier.
Obituary is in New Haven Register, Jan 16 1996, p A8.3
- Burial*: He was buried after 12 January 1996 at East Lawn Cemetery, East Haven, New Haven County, Connecticut, USA; Plot: Section T, #G, Lot 44C.3
- [S2587] Meriden Record-Journal, May 22, 2011, Located on Find A Grave February 3, 2018, Obituary posted with other information on Find A Grave. Memorial#70348382, maintained by Mike S.
- [S1676] Find A Grave, online http://findagrave.com, Mary Finnegan Sullivan FAG memorial #86728364, created by Mike Sullivan, 13 Mar 2012.
- [S1676] Find A Grave, online http://findagrave.com, Vincent A. Sullivan memorial #99209314 created by Mike Sullivan, 19 Oct 2012.
F, b. 26 November 1919, d. 21 December 1998
- Father: Peter J. Sullivan1 b. 30 Oct 1893, d. 12 Jun 1968
- Mother: Katherine Lee1 b. c 1893, d. 2 Jan 1944
- Birth*: Virginia Frances Sullivan was born on 26 November 1919 at Columbus Hospital, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.1,3
- Residence*: She lived after 26 November 1919 at 1300 Albion Avenue, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.3
- (Witness) Census 1930: She appeared on the 1930 census of 3 April 1930 in the household of Peter J. Sullivan and Katherine Lee at 5816 Ridge Avenue, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.4
- Married Name: Her married name was Kreuser.1
- Marriage*: Virginia Frances Sullivan married Anthony W. Kreuser on 28 September 1940 at Cook County, Illinois, USA.1,5,6
- Biography*: Joe R. Sullivan states Virginia Sullivan was married to a Leonard Bukholtz in addition to Anthony W. Krueser.7
- Married Name: As of before January 1971,her married name was Buchholz.8
- Death*: Virginia Frances Sullivan died on 21 December 1998 at age 79; July 1937: Name listed as Virigina Frances Sulivan
Jan 1971: Name listed as Virginia Kreuser Buchholz
02 Feb 1999: Names listed as Virginia F. Buchholz.8
Family: Anthony W. Kreuser b. 9 Mar 1907, d. 14 Mar 1960
- [S1643] Chicago Tribune, June 13, 1968, page B28, ProQuest, accessed July 3, 2012.
- [S1656] Virginia Francis Sullivan, Illinois birth certificate no. 39810, FamilySearch.org, accessed July 5, 2012 (December 10, 1919).
- [S1656] Virginia Francis Sullivan, Illinois birth certificate no. 39810, FamilySearch.org, accessed June 9, 2012 (December 10, 1919).
- [S1743] April 3, 1930 Illinois, Cook County, US Census, Washington, DC, ED 1890, page 10 A & B, Ancestry.com, accessed June 9, 2012.
- [S1346] Cook County Clerk's Office, online http://www.cookcountygenealogy.com, Sullivan, Virginia F. and Anthony W. Kreuser, married September 28, 1940, file number 1656796, accessed June 9, 2012.
- [S1761] Chicago Daily News, January 3, 1944, page 25.
- [S1876] Joseph R. Sullivan, "Peter James Sullivan b1893 Family Group Sheet", Printed from genealogy database.
- [S2181] U. S. Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007, online www.ancestry.com, Virginia Frances Sullivan, SSN 710148269.