F, b. 1867, d. 3 May 1897
- Biography: The St. Mary's Church Jubilee Book indicates that he was a member of the choir, and that he married the church organist, Rose Devine. Source is Dan Schattnik's family history.
- Birth*: Rose was born in 1867. On St. Mary's Church death record is stated Rose Connor's age as 30..2,3
- Married Name: As of 17 May 1887,her married name was Connor.4
- Marriage*: She married John L. Connor at St. Mary's Church, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA, on 17 May 1887. Witnesses were Edward F. Connors and Anna M. Mally (sic)..4
- Death*: Rose died on 3 May 1897 at Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA.2,5,3
Family: John L. Connor b. Jul 1860, d. 21 Jan 1931
M, b. 28 October 1877, d. 14 August 1946
- Biography*: In the Devine file there is a copy of a letter written by Thomas Devine, August 13, 1906, Los Angeles, Ca. It is written to the new President of Kenrick Seminary.
On the summary sheet written up on Thomas Devine by the Vincentian community it states that his mother's name is Mary Maguire who was already deceased when the document was written. The document is not dated.
- Birth*: Thomas was born at Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA, on 28 October 1877. Vincentian Archives - Files on Thomas Devine lists information on him and his activities while in the Vincentian order..
- Baptism: He was baptized at St. Mary's Church, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA, on 12 November 1877. Religion: Roman Catholic. St. Mary's Baptismal Register, page 5. Godparents: Thomas E. Connors and Mary E. Connors..
- Rcpriestor*: He was ordained a priest at St. Louis, St. Louis County, Missouri, USA, on 21 December 1901. Vincentian Archives
He states that both his parents were dead when he entered the priesthood. He listed Daniel Devine, Hilo, Hawaii and Mrs. Dorothy La Vou, Venice (sp?) California as relatives to be informed in case of serious illness..
- Residence*: He resided at St. Louis, Missouri, USA, on 10 October 1929.1
- Death*: Thomas died on 14 August 1946 at 241 So. Detroit Avenue, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California, USA, at age 68. Vincentian Archives source. Papers say he is buried in community plot in Los Angeles.
The De Andrien, October 17, 1946, page 4.
After a brief illness, Father Thomas Devine, C.M., died on August 14, 1946, at the age of sixty-nine years. Ordained in 1901, he had been a classmate of Father Roberts. Father had been stationed at St. Louis Preparatory Seminary, but was vacationing in Los Angeles when illness overtook him.
Unidentified St. Louis newspaper obit, August 14, 1946
The Rev. Thomas Devine Seminary Teacher, Dies
The Rev. Thomas Devine, C.M., professor of English literature at the St. Louis preparatory Seminary, was found dead in bed yesterday at the Los Angeles Junior Seminary, where he had been visiting. He was 69 years old and had been a member of the Vincentian teaching order since he entered St. Mary's Seminary at Perryville, Mo., in 1895.
Father Devine taught for more than 15 years in Los Angeles. He was a faculty member of Kenrick Seminary here in 1916 and 1917 and had occupied his post at the St. Louis Preparatory Seminary for the past five year(sic). Funeral services will be held in Los Angeles with burial there.
Death Certificate Info transcribed by Nancy Post:
Rev. Thomas J. Devine; Born October 28, 1877, Evanston, IL; Died August 13, 1946 at 241 S. Detroit Ave., Los Angeles; In Los Angeles Community and California 10 days; Usual residence: 7300 Weil Ave., St. Louis, MO; Father Daniel Devine - born unknown; Mother: Mary Maguire - born unknown; No Social Security #, not a veteran; Informant: Rev. Robert T. Brown, C. M., 241 So. Detroit Ave; Cause of Death: coronary artery sclerosis: Coroner investigation states: checked the remains of the deceased and find from such action that deceased came to his death on the date and hour stated. Funeral Director: Cunningham & O'Connor 850 W. Washington Blvd., Los Angeles; Burial: August 16, 1946 at Calvary Cemetery (L.A.)
Devine, Rev. Thomas J., C.M., uncle of Mrs. Margaret Connor Scott, Rosemary & Virginia Connor & Mrs. Kathleen Connor McCarthy of Los Angeles. Office of the Dead will be recited this evening, 8:15 o'clock at St. Vincent's Church. Requiem Mass Fri. 9 a.m., at St. Vincent's Church. Interment Calvary. Cunningham & O'Connor directors.
Los Angeles Times, August 15, 1946, page 12..2,3
- Funeral: He received the blessing of the church at the funeral on 16 August 1946 at St. Vincent Church, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California, USA.3
- Burial*: He was buried on 16 August 1946 at Calvary Cemetery, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California, USA.2
- Father: Unknown Devine
- Married Name: Her married name was McKeever.
- Marriage*: She married Unknown McKeever.
- Residence*: She resided at Lambertville, Hunterdon County, New Jersey, USA, on 10 October 1929.1
Family: Unknown McKeever
- [S227] Evanston Review, October 10, 1929.
- Father: Unknown Devine
- Married Name: Her married name was Sheridan.
- Marriage*: She married A. Sheridan.
- Residence*: She resided at Cedar Rapids, Linn County, Iowa, USA, on 10 October 1929.1
Family: A. Sheridan
- [S227] Evanston Review, October 10, 1929.
Robert G. Devlin1
M, b. circa 1885
- Birth*: Robert G. Devlin was born circa 1885 at Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan, USA.1,2
- Marriage*: He married Mabel Agnes Headen at Cook County, Illinois, USA, on 19 June 1909. See George P. Headen obit. On the St. Mary's Baptismal Register, page 13 there is a note that indicates the date of her marriage, but it is difficult to read and could be 1909..1
- Occupation*: Robert G. Devlin was a clerk on 8 September 1917.2
- Residence*: He and Mabel Agnes Headen lived on 8 September 1917 at 4521 Greenview, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.2
Family: Mabel Agnes Headen b. 29 Jun 1885, d. b 1946
F, b. 1834, d. 12 January 1866
- Birth*: Margaret Dillen was born in 1834 at Ireland.1,2
- Married Name: As of 13 November 1859,her married name was Colfer.1
- Marriage*: She married Patrick Colfer, son of Unknown Colford, on 13 November 1859 at St. Charles, Kane County, Illinois, USA.1,2
- Death*: Margaret Dillen died on 12 January 1866 at Turner Junction, DuPage County, Illinois, USA. Note: Turner Junction became West Chicago in 1896.1,2
- Burial*: She was buried after 12 January 1866 at St. Mary's Parish Calvary Cemetery, West Chicago, DuPage County, Illinois, USA.2
Family: Patrick Colfer b. 1824, d. 26 Jan 1885
- [S1676] Find A Grave, online http://findagrave.com, Patrick Colfer, died January 26, 1885, buried Calvary Cemetery, West Chicago, Illinois. Memorial created by Sally Bennett, December 28, 2011, Memorial # 82502664,.
- [S1676] Find A Grave, online http://findagrave.com, Margaret Dillen Colfer, died January 12, 1866, buried Calvary Cemetery, West Chicago, Illinois. Memorial created by Sally Bennett, December 28, 2011, Memorial # 82501774,.
M, b. 6 April 1919, d. 18 July 1991
- Birth*: Herbert Reuben Domke was born on 6 April 1919 at Hillsboro, Marion County, Kansas, USA.2
- Marriage*: He married Joan Marie Sullivan, daughter of Francis J. Sullivan and Rose E. Whalen, on 14 June 1944 at Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.1
- Death*: Herbert Reuben Domke died on 18 July 1991 at New Bloomfield, Callaway County, Missouri, USA, at age 72.2
- Death: He died on 21 July 1991 at age 72.1
Family: Joan Marie Sullivan b. 18 Dec 1922, d. 11 Jan 2012
Alfred Francis Donegan1
M, b. 7 November 1893, d. November 1969
- Father: Charles N. Donegan b. c 1867, d. 2 Jul 1894
- Mother: Susan Hallaran b. 4 Jul 1866, d. 17 May 1916
- Birth*: Alfred was born at Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA, on 7 November 1893.2,1,3
- Baptism: He was baptized on 17 December 1893 at St. James Church, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA. Sponsors: Patrick Madigan and Mary Madigan. Priest: Rev. H. G. Van F(?)elt.3
- Death*: He died in November 1969 at Flossmoor, Cook County, Illinois, USA.1
- [S1961] Daniel Moore, "Descendants of John Halloran", Four generation descendant list, Created November 1, 2014.
- [S273] Chicago Daily News, August 19, 1920.
- [S2223] St. James' Parish Baptismal Register, Alfred Franics Donegan Baptismal Record: page 58. Accessed August 29, 2015, FamilySearch.org, December 17, 1893, St. James Church.