Family: Anna Haughey b. 10 Mar 1896, d. May 1987
M, b. 3 January 1904, d. 10 June 1952
- Birth*: Robert was born on 3 January 1904.
- Marriage*: He married Hazel M. Nicholson circa 1936.
- Death*: Robert died on 10 June 1952 at Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA, at age 48.
Watson - Robert Watson, beloved husband of Hazel, nee Nicholson; loving father of Robert E., and Lawrence W., brother of Hayes and Lawrence. Funeral Saturday, June 14, at 8:30 a.m. from funeral home, 3246 Jackson blvd., to Our Lady of Sorrows church. Interment Mount Carmel. Member of Brophy post, No. 195, American Legion. Kedzie 3-2304.
Chicago Tribune, June 12, 1952, page N11..1
- Funeral: He received the blessing of the church at the funeral on 14 June 1952 at Our Lady of Sorrows Church, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.1
- Burial*: His body was interred on 14 June 1952 at Hillside, Cook County, Illinois, USA, at Mount Carmel Cemetery. Gravesite: Section 38, Block 9, Lot 16..1
Family: Hazel M. Nicholson b. 1904, d. 30 Mar 1961
- Robert Edward Watson b. 14 Jun 1937, d. 23 Jan 2009
- [S1313] Chicago Tribune, June 12, 1952, page N11, ProQuest Historical Newspapers, accessed February 11, 2011.
Robert Edward Watson
M, b. 14 June 1937, d. 23 January 2009
- Father: Robert Watson b. 3 Jan 1904, d. 10 Jun 1952
- Mother: Hazel M. Nicholson b. 1904, d. 30 Mar 1961
- Birth*: Robert was born at Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA, on 14 June 1937.
- Death*: He died on 23 January 2009 at Weiss Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA, at age 71. Funeral mass for Robert “Doc” Watson 71 is 11 AM. Friday at St. Gilbert’s Catholic Church 301 E. Belvidere Rd. Grayslake, IL. Visitation is Thursday from 4-8 PM. at the Kristan Funeral Home P.C., 219 West Maple Ave. (2 blocks west of Rt. 45 on Rt. 176) Mundelein. He was born June 14, 1937 in Chicago and died Friday January 23, 2009 at Louis A. Weiss Memorial Hospital in Chicago. In 1956 Doc graduated from St. Phillips High School in Chicago. He earned his PHB from DePaul University, his MBA from Loyola University in Administration and Statistics and his PHD from Loyola in Research Design and a minor in Computer Science. He taught and was also Principal at St. Mary’s Grade School in Buffalo Grove, Assistant Principal at Carmel Catholic High School for 8 years then went back to the classroom and taught math at Carmel for more than 30 years. At the same time Doc taught statistics at the graduate and undergraduate level at Loyola University and National Lewis University for more than 20 years. He was also a former minor league baseball player in the St. Louis Brown organization. His passion in life was the kids he taught at Carmel Catholic High School in Mundelein and his dogs Nellie, Annie and Willow. He was an avid reader and puzzler. During his retirement he enjoyed spending time at Fred’s Diner in Grayslake with his friends. He is survived by his brother Lawrence W. Watson and his former sister in-law Elaine Beaudoin. In lieu of flowers memorials to Carmel Catholic High School 1 Carmel Parkway Mundelein, IL. 60060 or Save-A-Pet 31664 N. Fairfield Rd. Grayslake, IL. 60030. For information visit www.kristanfuneralhome.com or call 847-566-8020.
Chicago Sun Times, January 26, 2009
Robert "Doc" Watson Watson, Robert "Doc" 71, beloved brother of Lawrence W., former brother in-law of Elaine Beaudoin. Visitation 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Kristan Funeral Home P.C., 219 West Maple Ave. (2 blocks west of Rt. 45 on Rt. 176) Mundelein. Mass of the Resurrection 11 a.m. Friday at St. Gilbert's Catholic Church, Grayslake. In lieu of flowers memorials to Carmel Catholic High School, 1 Carmel Parkway, Mundelein, IL 60060 or Save-A-Pet, 31664 N. Fairfield Rd., Grayslake, IL 60030. For information visit www.kristanfuneralhome.com or call 847-566-8020.
Daily Herald (Arlington Heights, IL) - January 30, 2009
Deceased Name: Robert "Doc" Watson: Carmel math teacher was 'old school'
A longtime math teacher and department chairman at Carmel Catholic High School in Mundelein has died.
Robert "Doc" Watson was known as an old school math teacher whose insistence on students documenting their work in solving problems, made him memorable both with his young mathematicians and his colleagues. He died Friday at age 71.
His career spanned more than 30 years at the high school.
Mr. Watson first taught math at St. Mary School in Buffalo Grove from the late 1960s through 1974, where he was instrumental in firming up its math curriculum.
That same year, Mr. Watson moved to Carmel, teaching for 15 years in the former Carmel High School for Boys. When it merged in 1989 with its counterpart, Carmel High School for Girls, Mr. Watson became the math department head.
"He was old school and somewhat gruff, but he had a heart of gold," says his colleague Jane Conarchy. "He loved his students."
Laura Middaugh, a new math teacher in the department at the time, came to appreciate his years of experience in the classroom and overall support.
"He truly loved his subject matter and loved to find problems with twists in them to make people think," says Middaugh. "He had a fascinating mind and had amazing insights to quantitative issues both in and out of the classroom."
Students, however, were wary of him at first.
"He was very strict and somewhat stern, but once you got to know him, you realized he was there for you," says one of his former students, Kevin Kristan. "He wanted you to learn."
Another former student, Damontae January of Waukegan, still remembers the 23-step proof Mr. Watson made his students learn.
Mr. Watson, who lived in Grayslake, taught everything from algebra and geometry to upper levels of calculus before he was head of the math department for eight years.
He ultimately returned to his true love of teaching before retiring five years ago.
A 1998 Carmel graduate, Stephanie Kane regularly kept in touch with her former teacher throughout college. She vividly remembers his classroom, filled with collages of his former students.
"His passion for learning, his commitment to mentoring young people and his appreciation for life and laughter motivate me to this day," Kane says.
Mr. Watson is survived by one brother, Lawrence, of Chicago.
Visitation will take place from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Kristan Funeral Home, 219 W. Maple Ave. in Mundelein before an 11 a.m. funeral Mass Friday at St. Gilbert's Catholic Church, 301 E. Belvidere Road in Grayslake.
Robert "Doc" WatsonEdition: L2
Copyright (c) 2009 Daily Herald.1,2
- Anecdote*: Elaine Beaudoin was a reader at Robert Watson's funeral mass on February 6, 2009. She read the second reading from the Phil 4, 4-9.
I wish you all joy in the Lord;
I will say it again: all joy be yours!
Let your generosity be clear to all.
And now, my family and friends,
All that is true, all that is noble,
All that is just and pure,
All that is loveable and gracious,
Whatever is excellent and admirable
Fill your thoughts with these things.
The lessons I have taught you,
The traditions I have passed on,
All that you heard me say or saw me do,
Put into practice;
And the God of Love will be with you.
The Word of the Lord.3
- Rcfuneral*: He was buried from on 6 February 2009 at St. Gilbert Church, Grayslake, Lake County, Illinois, USA.2
- Burial: He was buried in February 2009; Bob was cremated and his ashes were taken by Larry Watson to be kept until his dog, Willow, dies. Bob has asked that his ashes, those of his three dogs, Annie, Nellie and Willow be buried together.3
- Burial: He was buried on 14 April 2018 at St. Mary's Cemetery, Buffalo Grove, Lake County, Illinois, USA.4
- [S893] Robert E. Watson, Kristan Funeral Home Obituary, Accessed January 25, 2009.
- [S923] Daily Herald, January 30, 2009, page 12, www.genealogybank.com, accessed May 11, 2009.
- [S665] Elaine Beaudoin's personal knowledge Elaine McIntyre Beaudoin, personal files.
- [S2691] Terri Bumgardner, "Robert Watson's burial," e-mail to Elaine Beaudoin, April 14, 2018, Photos provided by Virginia Fitzgerald, neighbor of Bob Watson.
Richard E. Wawrzyniak1
M, b. 26 January 1913, d. 9 February 1992
- Birth*: Richard E. Wawrzyniak was born on 26 January 1913.2
- Marriage*: He married Julia Czaplak before 1939. Marriage date based on date of oldest child's birth.3
- Death*: Richard E. Wawrzyniak died on 9 February 1992 at Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA, at age 79.2
Family: Julia Czaplak b. 13 Feb 1913, d. 26 Oct 2010
- [S972] Robert E. Kenney and Euginia M. Wawrzyniak wedding invitation, July 16, 1966 Elaine McIntyre Beaudoin, personal files.
- [S309] US Social Security Death Index, 1935-Current, Ancestry.com, Rootsweb.org, accessed October 31, 2010, Richard E. Wawrzyniak.
- [S1270] Julia H. Wawrzyniak, Memorial Card, October 26, 2010 Elaine McIntyre Beaudoin, personal files.
- [S1271] Chicago Tribune, October 28, 2010, www.legacy.com, accessed October 31, 2010.
Richard H. Wawrzyniak1
M, b. 15 August 1939, d. 23 April 2000
- Father: Richard E. Wawrzyniak1 b. 26 Jan 1913, d. 9 Feb 1992
- Mother: Julia Czaplak1 b. 13 Feb 1913, d. 26 Oct 2010
Lois Gertrude Weathered1
F, b. 9 March 1920, d. 24 June 2013
- Birth*: Lois Gertrude Weathered was born on 9 March 1920 at Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.1,2
- Note*: She and Donald Francis Parro Donald and Lois had six children pr Parro Family Tree_9_1... on Ancestry.com. Three boys and three girls.1
- Married Name: As of 26 February 1944,her married name was Parro.1
- Marriage*: Lois Gertrude Weathered married Donald Francis Parro, son of Earl David Parro and Genevieve L. Colby, on 26 February 1944 at Gulfport, Pinellas County, Florida, USA.1
- Death*: Lois Gertrude Weathered died on 24 June 2013 at Bloomingdale, DuPage County, Illinois, USA, at age 93; Lois W. Parro, nee Weathered, of Bloomingdale, beloved wife of Donald F. Sr; devoted mother of Donald Jr., Susan M., Gregory M. (Judy), Leslie Eskildsen, Madeleine (Kenneth) Dedic, and Daniel (Christine) Parro; dear grandmother of Gregory Jr. (Melissa), Brian, Caroline, Adam and Nick Parro, Jennifer (T.J) Tomaso, Erin and Eric (Any) Eskildsen, Carrie (Eddie) Galvez and Kenneth Dedic Jr; great-grandmother of seven. Funeral Monday, 9 a.m., from Salerno's Rosedale Chapels, 450 W. Lake St., Roselle, 60172 (3/4 mile West of Bloomingdale/Roselle Rd.), to St. Walter Church. Mass 10 a.m. Interment Queen of Heaven Cemetery. Visitation Sunday 3 to 8 p.m. For info., (630) 889-1700 or www.salernofuneralhomes.com. In lieu of flowers, donations to Patna Jesuit missions, appreciated.
Published in a Chicago Tribune Media Group Publication on June 26, 2013.1,2
Family: Donald Francis Parro b. 21 May 1920, d. 17 Nov 1995
- [S1978] Ancestry.com Family Trees, online www.ancestry.com, Parro Family Tree_9_1..., created by dparro09, Donald Francis Parro Sr., entry, accessed March 26, 2019.
- [S1978] Ancestry.com Family Trees, online www.ancestry.com, Parro Family Tree_9_1..., created by dparro09, Lois Gertrude Weathered, entry, accessed March 26, 2019.
M, d. after 1915
- Marriage*: Joseph Weber married Margaret Niederehe, daughter of Michael Niederehe and Margaret Oeffling, on 17 July 1880 at Sankt Martinus Katholisch, Hillesheim, Eifel, Rheinland, Prussia.1,2
- Death*: Joseph Weber died after 1915.2
Family: Margaret Niederehe b. c 1854, d. a 1915
M, d. before 2016
- Charts: Ginty
- [S2764] Chicago Sun Times, March 6, 2016, online: https://legacy.suntimes.com/obituaries/chicagosuntimes/…, Accessed on www.Legacy.com March 3, 2019.
M, b. 19 August 1878, d. 23 March 1966
- Birth*: William Weir was born on 19 August 1878 at Attymass, Ballina, County Mayo, Ireland.3
- Residence: He lived on 6 June 1912 at Ballymore, Ballina, County Mayo, Ireland.4
- Marriage*: He married Bridget Moyles, daughter of Michael Moyles and Anne Loftus, on 6 June 1912 at Church of Attymass, Ballina, County Mayo, Ireland. Witnesses: George Weir and Margaret McGuiness.1,4
- Residence*: William Weir lived on 28 December 1914 at Ballymore, Ballina, County Mayo.2
- Occupation*: He was a farmer on 28 December 1914.2
- Death*: He died on 23 March 1966 at Ballymore, Attymass, Ballina, County Mayo, Ireland, at age 87. His daughter, Mary Moyles, was present at death, per the registration. Not sure why she is using the name Moyles.5
Family: Bridget Moyles b. 23 Nov 1882, d. 21 Jan 1966
- [S2830] Patrick and William O'Hara, "RE: Saying Hi and a question," e-mail to Elaine Beaudoin, 23 Jun 2020.
- [S2831] Ann Weir, Ireland, County Mayo, Ballina, Ballymore ID No. 01569112, line 291, Accessed on irishgenealogy.com June 23, 2020 (March 1, 1915).
- [S2833] William Weir, Ireland, County Mayo, Ballina, Attymass birth registration ID No. 0208017, line 127, Accessed June 23, 2020. (26 August 1878).
- [S2832] Ballina, County Mayo, Marriage Register: ID No. 05604142, entry no. 171, IrishGenealogy.ie, Accessed June 24, 2020.
- [S2836] William Weir, Ireland, County Mayo, Ballina death registration, Accessed June 23, 2020.