F, b. 22 April 1863, d. 28 August 1903
- Birth*: Mary was born at Cahirciveen, Filemoor, County Kerry, Ireland, on 22 April 1863.1,2
- Baptism: She was baptized at Holy Cross Church, Cahirciveen, Filemoor, County Kerry, Ireland, on 23 April 1863. Religion: Roman Catholic. Birth and Baptismal Certificate from Holy Cross Church, Cahirciveen, Co. Kerry..
- Married Name: As of 7 February 1885,her married name was Connor.3,4
- Marriage*: She married John A. Connor at St. Patrick Church, Cook County, Illinois, USA, on 7 February 1885. The witnesses were his cousin Edward F. Connor and Mary Moroney per Dan Schattnik family history..3,4
- Address*: As of 15 March 1902, Mary Bowler and John A. Connor lived at 1300 Ashland, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA.5
- Death*: Mary died on 28 August 1903 at 1121 Lake Street, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA, at age 40.
Obituary: Mrs. Mary Connor, beloved wife of John A. Connor, died yesterday morning at 11 o'clock of consumption. Mrs. Connor had been long and familiarly known to Evanstonians, and had been especially active in church circles. She had been a member of the Catholic denomination since childhood, and associated herself with St. Mary's church on coming to this city. She was prominent in charitable and social church work, and was an active member of the sodality of St. Mary's chruch. Mrs. Connor was born in the Parish of Filemore, Town of Cahirciveen, County Kerry, Ireland, and emigrated to this country with the earlier Irish Americans. Funeral services will be from the home next week, interment being at Calvary cemetery.
The Evanston Index, August 29, 1903
Death Certificate notes that a permit number 319 was issued on August 29, 1903 so she could be buried. States age as 40, born in Ireland, occupation Housewife.
Chicago Irish Families, 1875-1925
Connor, Mary (new Bowler) died August 29, wife of John A., native of Dineenmore, Parish Filemore, Cahirciveen, Co. Kerry. Funeral from her residence, 1121 Lake st., Evanston to St. mary's church thence to Calvary cemetery. August 29, 1903, The Chicago Daily News, 1878-1902 funeral notices..6,7,8
- Burial*: Her body was interred on 30 August 1903 at Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA, at Calvary Cemetery.8
Family: John A. Connor b. b 16 Oct 1852, d. 8 Mar 1932
- Francis John "Frank" Connor+ b. 20 Apr 1886, d. 1 Jul 1941
- Loretta Miriam Connor b. 19 Sep 1887, d. 10 Sep 1965
- Baby Connor b. 13 Jun 1888, d. 3 Sep 1888
- Theresa Connor b. 14 Jun 1889, d. c 11 Apr 1890
- Irene Connor b. 12 Jun 1892, d. 15 Oct 1893
- Madeleine Connor+ b. 3 Jun 1894, d. 10 Apr 1931
- Marcella Connor+ b. 15 Jun 1895, d. b 29 Dec 1967
- Mary Elizabeth Connor b. 21 Feb 1898, d. 24 Jun 1917
- John Connor b. 21 Feb 1898, d. 12 Feb 1900
- Lucille Connor b. 16 Apr 1900, d. Jun 1986
- Caroline "Carolyn" Jean Connor b. 15 Mar 1902, d. 15 Dec 1922
- [S136] Chicago Daily News, August 29, 1903, Page 3
Mary Connor (nee Bowler), beloved wife of John A. Connor, 1121 Lake Street, Evanston, native of Cahircween, parish of Filemoor, County Kerry, Ireland.
- [S497] 1870 US Census, Pennsylvania, Northampton County, Glendon, Washington, DC, Page 516, line 1.
- [S170] Connor - White/Bowler, Family Groupsheet.
- [S216] Connor/Bowler, Marriage Certificate.
- [S586] Caroline Connor, Illinois birth certificate no. 2633, Family History Library, MF#1288035 (March 23, 1902).
- [S136] Chicago Daily News, August 29, 1903.
- [S194] The Evanston Index, August 29, 1903.
- [S222] Mary Bowler, Death Certificate.
- Marriage*: He married Hanora Shea.
M, b. 27 February 1866
- Birth*: Patrick was born at Cahirciveen, Filemoor, County Kerry, Ireland, on 27 February 1866. Letter dated March 27, 2002 from Holy Cross Church, Cahirciveen, Co. Kerry written to Nancy Post..
M, b. 16 October 1919, d. 28 January 1925
- Birth*: Alfred Boyd was born on 16 October 1919 at Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri, USA.1,2
- Autopsy: He was autopsied on 28 January 1925; an autopsy was performed.1
- Death*: He died on 28 January 1925 at Michael Reese Hospital, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA, at age 5.1
- Burial*: He was buried on 30 January 1925 at Evergreen Cemetery, Evergreen Park, Cook County, Illinois, USA.1
F, b. circa 1894, d. 6 November 1990
- Birth*: Bridget Brady was born circa 1894 at Ireland.3
- Residence*: She lived at Carrickaboy, Denn, County Cavan, Ireland.4
- Married Name: As of 18 August 1919,her married name was Sullivan.1
- Marriage*: She married Matthew Sullivan, son of Matthew Sullivan and Catherine Corr, on 18 August 1919 at Ireland.1
- Death*: Bridget Brady died on 6 November 1990 at Denbawn, Denn Parish, County Cavan, Ireland.3
Family: Matthew Sullivan b. 5 Dec 1881, d. 21 Mar 1946
- [S2406] Eileen Sullivan, "The Sullivan's - Matthew," e-mail to Elaine Beaudoin, December 9, 2016, Included a photo of the Sullivan home in Denbawn which has now been torn down.
- [S2414] Matthew Sullivan, Ireland, County Cavan, Bellananagh, Denbawn no. 38, Certificate provided by Eileen Sullivan, January 11, 2017 (May 27, 1927).
- [S2407] Thomas Sullivan Gravestone, Drumvaddy Cemetery, Denn Parish, County Cavan, Ireland.
- [S2412] Sullivan-Fitzpatrick marriage license, no. 6, registered April 26, 1957.
F, b. circa 1851, d. before 12 March 1928
- Birth*: Elizabeth Brady was born circa 1851.1
- Married Name: Her married name was Kean.1
- Marriage*: She married Edward C. Kean, son of Peter Kean and Anne Horan.1
- Death*: Elizabeth Brady died before 12 March 1928 at Sinsinawa, Grant County, Wisconsin, USA.1
- Burial*: She was buried on 12 March 1928 at Calvary Cemetery, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA, in lot 27, block 11, section R.1
Family: Edward C. Kean b. c 1843, d. b 10 Sep 1883
- [S2114] Edward Kean Cemetery Record, Calvary Cemetery, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA.
William Joseph Brander1
M, b. 7 April 1933, d. 4 April 2012
- Birth*: William Joseph Brander was born on 7 April 1933 at Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.1,2
- Death*: He died on 4 April 2012 at Chicago, Cook, Illinois, USA, at age 78;
WIlliam J. Brander, age 78, beloved husband of Sue A., nee Sullivan, for 53 years; loving father of William J. M.D. (Victoria, M.D.), Elizabeth, Michael (Dawn), Mary Cassara, Daniel (Jennifer), Kathleen, Thomas (Pamela), Margaret, James (Peggy), Patricia (Daniel) Elster and Jean (Kevin) Masukevich; proud grandfather of 26; and great-grandfather of two; dear brother of Jeannette Masek; loving son of the late William J. and Ida M. His life is marked by many accomplishments.
Most notably, he was an Eagle Scout, the valedictorian of St. George HS Class of '51, an American Contract Bridge League LIFE MASTER, a US Naval veteran and a member of the Barbershop Harmony Society (aka SPEBSQSA) for 58 years.
Visitation at Cooney Funeral Home, 625 Busse Hwy., Park Ridge, Monday from 2 to 9 p.m. Funeral, Tuesday 10:45 a.m. to Immaculate Conception Church.
Mass at 11:30 a.m. Interment All Saints Cemetery.
Chicago Tribune, April 8, 2012, page 31
In lieu of flowers, donations to Christian Brothers of the Midwest, 7650 S. County Line Rd., Burr Ridge 60527 or Rainbow Hospice www.rainbowhospice.org would be appreciated.
For info (847) 685-1002.1,3,2
M, b. 1888, d. 6 March 1950
- Birth*: John D. Brankin was born in 1888.3
- Marriage*: He married Marguerite Hoy, daughter of Thomas H. Hoy and Mary Sullivan.1
- Note*: John D. Brankin and Marguerite Hoy It is believe they had a son, Richard Edward born March 13, 1926; died March 17, 1926. Buried in Calvary Cemetery, Lot 8, block 10, Section Z. on 13 March 1926 at Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.4,5
- Death*: John D. Brankin died on 6 March 1950; BRANKIN - John D. Brankin, beloved husband of Marguerite, nee Hoy; fond father of Mrs. Marie Moulder, brother of Thomas, James, Edmund and the late Francis. Funeral Thursday, 10 a.m., from chapel 4245 W. Madison, to St. Mel's church. Interment Calvary. Member of A. L. Elec. post, No. 769.
Chicago Tribune, March 8, 1950, page 22.3
- Burial*: He was buried on 9 March 1950 at Calvary Cemetery, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA.4
Family: Marguerite Hoy b. 1896, d. b 22 Nov 1951
- [S376] Chicago Daily News, 28 April 1932, p. 30.
- [S1407] Chicago Tribune, November 22, 1951, page H10, ProQuest Historical Newspapers, Chicago Tribune (1849-1987), accessed June 1, 2011.
- [S2070] John D. Brankin Cemetery marker, Calvary Cemetery, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA.
- [S2066] Hoy Family Cemetery Grave Card, Calvary Cemetery, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA.
- [S86] Richard Brankin, birth certificate number 6011562/death certificate number 6008201; accessed May 3, 2015, Bureau of Vital Statistics, Cook County Clerk's Office.