Thomas H. Hoy
M, b. 1866, d. 27 December 1947
Thomas H. Hoy cemetery marker
Calvary Cemetery, Evanston, Illinois
Photograph: Elaine Beaudoin
Calvary Cemetery, Evanston, Illinois
Photograph: Elaine Beaudoin
Photograph by Picasa
- Birth: Thomas H. Hoy was born circa 1865.1
- Birth*: Thomas was born at Illinois, USA, in 1866.
- Marriage License: He and Mary Sullivan obtained a marriage license on 6 June 1888 at Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.1
- Marriage*: He married Mary Sullivan at Holy Family Church, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA, on 7 June 1888. Married by Pastor E. D. Kelly, S.J..1,2
- Occupation: Thomas H. Hoy was a clerk on 13 June 1900.3
- Census 1900*: He and Mary Sullivan appeared on the 1900 census of 13 June 1900 at 918 S. Sawyer Avenue, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA; In 1900, Mary Hoy reports she has had seven childrne and five are living.3
- Census1910*: Thomas was listed as the head of a family on the 1910 Census at Chicago, Cook, Illinois, USA. Thomas Hoy 44. Lived at 3917 Gladys, Chicago, Illinois in the 1910 U. S. Census.
- Occupation*: He was Manager, grocery store on 2 January 1920.4
- Residence: They resided at Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA, on 2 January 1920, at 3917 W. Gladys Avenue.4
- Census 1930*: He and Mary Sullivan appeared on the 1930 census of 11 April 1930 at 4152 W. Washington Boulevard, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.5
- Residence*: He resided at Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA, in 1930, at 4152 W. Washington.5
- Employment*: Thomas's occupation: Law Dept., Chicago Surface Lines at Chicago, Cook, Illinois, USA, in 1930.5
- Death*: Thomas died on 27 December 1947 at Chicago, Cook, Illinois, USA.6,7
- Burial*: He was buried on 30 December 1947 at Calvary Cemetery, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA. He is buried in lot 8, block 10, section Z.8
Family: Mary Sullivan b. 1 Apr 1866, d. 28 Apr 1932
- Edward J. Hoy3 b. 1889, d. 22 Aug 1907
- Thomas Aloysius Hoy+ b. 1893, d. b 1967
- Marguerite Hoy+ b. c 1894, d. b 22 Nov 1951
- Marie Hoy b. 1894, d. c 30 Jul 1915
- Evelyn Hoy b. 1897, d. 28 Aug 1968
- Jane Hoy9 b. c 18 Aug 1897, d. 2 Nov 1899
- Philip Edward Hoy+ b. 3 Sep 1901, d. c 12 Sep 1967
- Edward Hoy b. 1908, d. b 1915
- Charles E. Hoy+ b. 1909, d. 14 Jun 1986
- [S899] Hoy-Sullivan Marriage License: No. 127712.
- [S376] Chicago Daily News, 28 April 1932, p. 30.
- [S2560] 1900 US Census, Illinois, Cook County, Chicago, Washington, DC, ED 0280; Sheet 12, Ward 10, Accessed January 19, 2018 on Ancestry.com.
- [S525] 1920 US Census, Illinois, Cook County, Chicago, Washington, DC, ED 772; Pg 1B, 2A; line 97, www.ancestry.com http://content.ancestry.com/Browse/view.aspx Printed 8 September 2005.
- [S2378] 1930 US Census, Illinois, Cook County, Chicago, Washington, DC, ED 1021, page 10B, Ancestry.com, accessed August 20, 2016.
- [S409] Chicago Daily News, December 29, 1947, 17.
- [S2069] Thomas Hoy Cemetery marker, Calvary Cemetery, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA.
- [S2066] Hoy Family Cemetery Grave Card, Calvary Cemetery, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA.
- [S2067] Chicago Tribune, July 31, 1915, Page 11, ProQuest, accessed May 3, 2015.
Thomas Henry Hoy1
M, b. 9 March 1923, d. 16 July 2007
- Birth*: Thomas Henry Hoy was born on 9 March 1923 at Ft. Benning, Chattahoochee County, Georgia, USA.1
- Milit-Beg*: He began military service in 1943.1
- Milit-End*: He ended military service in 1974.1
- Death*: He died on 16 July 2007 at Mt. Pleasant, Charleston County, South Carolina, USA, at age 84; Thomas Hoy Obituary
HOY, Thomas Colonel Thomas Henry Hoy, US Army (Ret), died on July 16, 2007. He was born on March 9, 1923, in Fort Benning, Georgia, to the late Colonel Thomas A. and Mary Ann Crowley Hoy. He attended V. P. I. (Virginia Tech) before entering the U. S. Army in 1943. Colonel Hoy has a distinguished 32 year career in the U.S. Army, serving in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. Upon his retirement from the Army in 1974, he became a resident of Mount Pleasant. He was active in Hobcaw Yacht Club and Mount Pleasant Kiwanis and Meals on Wheels. Colonel Hoy is survived by his wife of 63 years, May Mazyck Hoy, his sister, Mary Ellen Carruthers and husband Warren of Orlando, FL; four children: Kelly Hoy, of Hartsville, SC; Kathleen Hoy Carpenter, of Charlotte, NC; Jim Hoy and wife Sarah, of Mount Pleasant, SC; Warren Hoy and wife Vickie, of Monterey, CA; five grandchildren: Michael, Kevin, and Karen Carpenter of Charlotte, NC; Katie and Caroline Hoy, of Mount Pleasant, SC. He was preceded in death by his twin brother, Jim. Funeral services will be held at the graveside, Christ Episcopal Church in Mount Pleasant on Thursday, July 19, 2007 at 1:00 o'clock. The family will receive visitors at Christ Episcopal Church in Holt Hall following the service. Arrangements by J. HENRY STUHR, INC., MOUNT PLEASANT CHAPEL. In lieu of flowers, the family requested that memorials be made to Hospice of Mount Pleasant, 1049 Anna Knapp Blvd, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464. Visit our guestbook at www.charleston.net/deaths. - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/charleston/obituary.aspx?n=thomas-hoy&pid=90860692&fhid=6307#sthash.PrAxCmju.dpuf.1
- Burial*: He was buried on 19 July 2007 at Christ Episcopal Church Cemetery, Mt. Pleasant, Charleston County, South Carolina, USA.1
- [S2319] The Post and Courier, c 17 July 2007, on website http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/charleston/obituary.aspx, accessed May 14, 2016.
Family: Anna Deering b. c 1891
- [S1156] 1920 US Census, Illinois, Cook County, Chicago, Washington, DC, ED 1842, Ancestry.com, accessed April 3, 2010.
M, b. 15 July 1916, d. 23 January 2007
- Birth*: Edwin John Hughes was born on 15 July 1916.2
- Death*: He died on 23 January 2007 at Northbrook, Cook County, Illinois, USA, at age 90; Edwin J. Hughes, of Northbrook, Jan. 23, 2007, beloved husband of Rosemary, nee Riordan; loving father of John (Mary), Sharon (Ken) Christy, Edwin, III (Ann Brickson) and Thomas (Kathy); proud grandfather of Amy Brabender, Kathie, Molly, Brian and Brendan Christy, Christopher Hughes, Claire Brickson, Patrick and Timothy Hughes; brother of Noreen Young. Visitation Saturday, 10 a.m., until time of funeral Mass, 10:30 a.m., at St. Norbert Church, 1809 Walters Ave., Northbrook. Interment All Saints. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to University of St. mary of the Lake, Attn: Development Office, 1000 E. Maple Ave., Mundelein, IL, 60060. Arrangements by N. H. Scott & Hanekamp, Glenview, 847-998-1020.
Chicago Tribune, January 25, 2007, page 11.3,2
- Burial*: He was buried on 27 January 2007 at All Saints Cemetery, Des Plaines, Cook County, Illinois, USA.3
M, b. May 1882
- Birth*: George Hutter was born in May 1882 at Illinois, USA.1
- Census1900*: George was listed as a son in an unknown person 's household on the 1900 Census at McGovern Street, Highland Park, Lake County, Illinois, USA.2
- Occupation*: He was Clerk in bank on 18 June 1900.1
M, b. circa 1852
- Birth: Peter Hutter was born circa April 1849 at Illinois, USA; Because Emma was older than her second husband, it seems that she is making him older too.2
- Birth*: He was born circa 1852 at Illinois.1
- Marriage*: He married Emma Nimsky on 10 February 1880 at St. Mary's Church, Buffalo Grove, Lake County, Illinois, USA; In the 1900 US Census they say they have been married for 22 years, but in the 1880 US Census they say they were married in the census year.1,2,3
- Residence*: Peter Hutter lived on 18 June 1900 at McGovern Street, Highland Park, Lake County, Illinois, USA; Rents home.2
- Census1900*: He was census 1900 on 18 June 1900 at Highland Park, Lake County, Illinois.2
Elizabeth Ann Jackson1
- Marriage*: Elizabeth Ann Jackson married Alexander Hannah.1
- Married Name: Her married name was Hannah.1
- [S2145] Thomas Jackson Hannah, Hamilton, Wentworth, Ontario, Canada birth record #036437, Accessed on FamilySearch.org June 7, 2015 (June 5 1878).
Betty Ann Jenneman
F, b. 7 September 1926
- Anecdote*: (an unknown value).
- Birth*: Betty Ann Jenneman was born on 7 September 1926.1,2
- Married Name: As of 6 September 1947,her married name was Sullivan.1
- Marriage*: She married Philip Michael Sullivan Jr. at Salem, McCook County, South Dakota, USA, on 6 September 1947.1,2
- Residence*: She resided at St. Louis, St. Louis County, Missouri, USA, in 1990.3
Family: Philip Michael Sullivan Jr. b. 5 Jul 1917, d. 4 Dec 2001
F, b. 29 March 1968, d. 29 March 1968
John H. Johnston1
Family: Catherine V Dreimueller b. 24 Jan 1892, d. 26 Dec 1965
- [S1255] Bernice Dreimuller, Dreimuller, Bernice death certificate, FamilySearch.org, Illinois Death Records, accessed October 9, 2010.