?, b. 7 September 1874
- Birth*: Cealia? was born at Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA, on 7 September 1874. St. Mary's Church, baptismal register, page 2..
- Baptism: He/she was baptized at St. Mary's Church, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA, on 13 September 1874. Religion: Roman Catholic. St. Mary's Baptismal Register, page 2. Godparents: William Burk and Mary Burk..
M, b. 7 September 1879, d. December 1942
- Birth*: Charles was born at Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA, on 7 September 1879. Source: St. Mary's Church Baptismal register, page 7..1
- Baptism: He was baptized at St. Mary's Church, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA, on 21 September 1879. Religion: Roman Catholic. St. Mary's Baptismal Register, page 7. Godparents: John Scott and Mary Maloy (sp?).
- Residence*: He resided at Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, on 10 October 1929.2
- Burial*: His body was interred in December 1942 at Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA, at Calvary Cemetery.
- Death*: Charles died in December 1942 at St. Francis Hospital, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA, at age 63. The Evanston Review, December 24, 1942
Charles Devine, an employee of the Sanitary District pumping station at 1457 Elmwood avenue, died Sunday morning at St. Francis hospital following an illness of two days. His home was at 1014 Ridge court.
Mr. Devine is survived by two brothers. Daniel A. Devine of Hilo, Hawaii, and the Rev. Thomas Devine of St. Louis. He was the uncle of Marie Gullickson, Margaret Devine and Wiliam J. Devine of Evanston, and the step-brother of Mrs. Elizabeth Fiesel and Joseph P. English, also of Evanston.
Following a family service at Schaefer's Memorial chapel Wednesday morning, a requiem mass was celebrated at St. Mary's church at 10. Burial was in Calvary cemetery..
M, b. 1838, d. October 1929
- Father: Unknown Devine
- Biography*: There may have been two marriages. I had a record of Mary English being married to Daniel Devine. Mary English's first marriage was to Mr. English, her maiden name was Dorsey.
- Marriage*: He married Mary Josephine Dorsey.
- Birth*: Daniel was born at Pennsylvania, USA, in 1838.1,2
- Marriage*: He married Mary "Bridget" Maguire.2
- Occupation*: Daniel Devine was Mason in September 1879.2
- Death*: Daniel died in October 1929 at 1516 Greenwood, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA. Evanston Review, October 10, 1929, page 66
Daniel Devine, 91 years old, a resident of Evanston for the last 50 years died at his home, 1516 Greenwood boulevard, Thursday, following a long illness. Funeral sevices were held at St. Mary's church Saturday and interment was at Calvary. He is survived by his widow, Mary English Devine, his sons, Rev. Thomas Devine of St. Louis, Mo., Charles Devine of Evanston and D. A. Devine of Hawaii, and a daughter, Mr. J. L. Connor of Los Angles, Cal. Mr. Devine was the brother of Mrs. McKeever of Lambertville, N. J., and Mrs. A. Sheridan of Cedar Rapids, Iowa..1
- Biography: Charles Devine's Heirship report states that Daniel Devine and wife Mary Maguire had eight children but lost two children under the age of 10.3
Family 1: Mary Josephine Dorsey b. 1848, d. 11 Nov 1936
Family 2: Mary "Bridget" Maguire b. c 1852
Daniel A. Devine
M, b. circa 1869, d. circa 15 November 1944
- Marriage*: Don Devine married an unknown person ; Wife's name unknown.1
- Residence*: He lived in 1948 at 227 Rooke Avenue, Honolulu, Honolulu County, Hawaii, USA.2
M, d. before 1942
Julia A. Devine
F, b. 1875, d. 27 February 1940
- Birth*: Julia was born in 1875.
- Married Name: As of 19 February 1901,her married name was Connor.2
- Marriage*: She married John L. Connor at St. Mary's Church, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA, on 19 February 1901. Witnesses were James Mc Cann and Mrs. E. Lyons. There was a note that the "dispensaton" was "offical." I believe that John L. Connor married the sister of his first wife..2
- Residence*: She resided at Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California, USA, on 23 April 1910. 1910 U. S. Census.
- Residence: She resided at Beverly Hills City, Los Angeles County, California, USA, on 20 January 1931, at 121 N. Swall Drive. See death notice of John L. Connor..
- Death*: Julia died on 27 February 1940 at Los Angelos, California. Estimated from death notice with burial date of March 1, 1940.
Connor -- Mrs. Julia A Connor, beloved mother of Margaret M. Connor and Mrs. Harold La Von; grandmother of Rosemary, Virginia and Kathleen Connor; sister of Rev. T. J. Devine, C.M.
Rosary this evening, 8 o'clock at the chapel of Wallace E. White & Howard J. Callahan. Requiem mass Friday, 10 a.m., at the Cathedral Chapel. Please omit flowers.
Los Angeles Times, February 29, 1940, page 9..3
- Funeral: She received the blessing of the church at the funeral on 1 March 1940 at Cathedral Chapel, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California, USA.3
- Burial*: Her body was interred on 1 March 1940 at Los Angelos, California. Connor, Mrs. Julia A. Connor
Requiem mass today, 10 a.m., at the Cathedral Chapel. Wallace E. White and Howard J. Callanan, directors.
Los Angelos Times, March 1, 1940, part 1, page 19.4,3
Family: John L. Connor b. Jul 1860, d. 21 Jan 1931
- [S399] Devine, Charles - Heirship Report Doc 418; Page 107, No. 43 P 72.
- [S257] Connor/J. Devine, Marriage record.
- [S1360] Los Angeles Times, February 29, 1940, page 9, ProQuest Historical Newspapers, Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File), accessed February 2011.
- [S291] Los Angeles Times, March 1, 1940, part 1, page 19.
F, d. after 1 April 1948
- Married Name: Her married name was Zimmerman.1
- Marriage*: Mae Devine married F. A. Zimmerman.1
- Residence*: Mae Devine lived in 1948 at Land Co., P.O. Box 3288, Honolulu, Honolulu County, Hawaii, USA.2
- Death*: She died after 1 April 1948.1
Family: F. A. Zimmerman d. a 1 Apr 1942
- Residence*: Margaret Devine lived in 1948 at 6239 Western Ave, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.2
F, d. after 1942
- Married Name: Her married name was Gullickson.1
- Marriage*: Marie Devine married Daniel Gullickson.1
- Death*: Marie Devine died after 1942.1
- Residence*: She lived in 1948 at 6239 Western Ave, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.2