F, b. 6 February 1958
- Father: Philip Michael Sullivan Jr.1 b. 5 Jul 1917, d. 4 Dec 2001
- Mother: Betty Ann Jenneman1 b. 7 Sep 1926
Joan Marie Sullivan1
F, b. 18 December 1922, d. 11 January 2012
- Father: Francis J. Sullivan1 b. 4 Apr 1873, d. 16 Dec 1943
- Mother: Rose E. Whalen1 b. 20 Feb 1894, d. 25 Jan 1975
- Birth*: Joan Marie Sullivan was born on 18 December 1922 at Kankakee, Kankakee County, Illinois, USA.1
- Married Name: As of 14 June 1944,her married name was Domke.1
- Marriage*: She married Herbert Reuben Domke on 14 June 1944 at Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.1
- Death*: Joan Marie Sullivan died on 11 January 2012 at New Bloomfield, Callaway County, Missouri, USA, at age 89.
Joan Domke, age 89, of New Bloomfield, died peacefully on Wednesday, January 11, 2012, at her home. She was born December 18, 1922, in Kankakee, Ill. to Rose and Francis J. Sullivan. Her father was a psychiatrist and she grew up on the grounds of Kankakee State Hospital. After graduating from high school, she attended Purdue University, obtaining a bachelor's degree in microbiology. She moved to Chicago to work at the city's health department, and met her husband-to-be, Herbert R. Domke. He was the love of her life. They married June 14, 1944 in Chicago. He preceded her in death July 21, 1991. Joan and Herb loved to dance the polka, and they also loved travel and music. Both also loved the beauty and serenity of nature, and were avid gardeners and bird-watchers. When they moved to New Bloomfield in 1970, their interest in gardening expanded into an appreciation of the natural landscape. They began to focus on enhancing what was there and adding more native plants. They founded the Prairie Garden Trust (PGT), a nature garden whose mission is to share the beauty of nature seen in its woods, prairies, ponds and streams. The development of the PGT was a family activity, and Joan's son Henry and his wife Lorna have become the new leaders in the transition from a beautiful private nature garden to a public one that can be enjoyed by many. Joan and Herb raised four children and they survive: Catherine Teague of Novato, Calif; Jane Domke of Columbia, Mo; Henry Domke and wife Lorna of New Bloomfield, Mo; and Beth Worthington of St. Louis, Mo. She has one grandchild, Rebecca Jenkins of Woodacre, Calif., and two great-grandchildren, Anna Traub and Indigo Jenkins. A visitation will be held from 2-4 p.m., Saturday, January 14, 2012, at Dulle-Trimble Funeral Home, Jefferson City, Missouri. A private graveside service will be held at the family's cemetery in New Bloomfield. In lieu of flowers, donations are suggested to the Prairie Garden Trust (www.prairiegardentrust.org). Special thanks are also noted to Kathy Marquart who lovingly helped to care for Joan and to the SSM Hospice. Those wishing to email tributes or condolences to the family may do so at www.dulletrimble.com
News Tribune, Jefferson City, Missouri, January 12, 2012.1
- Burial*: She was buried circa 14 January 2012 at Domke Family Cemetery, New Bloomfield, Callaway County, Missouri, USA.1
Family: Herbert Reuben Domke b. 6 Apr 1919, d. 18 Jul 1991
- [S1529] News Tribune, January 12, 1012, www.newstribune.com/obituaries/2012, accessed April 25, 2012.
M, d. before 1915
Family: Kate Sullivan b. 27 Apr 1866
M, b. 5 April 1872
- Name Variation: As of 1872, John Sullivan was also known as Sorohan.1
- Birth: He was born before 29 March 1872 at Denbawn, Denn Parish, County Cavan, Ireland.1
- Baptism: He was baptized on 29 March 1872 at Denbawn, Denn Parish, County Cavan; Sponsors: Matt Flanagan and Mag. Thompson.2
- Birth*: He was born on 5 April 1872 at Denbawn, Ballinanagh, Cavan, County Cavan, Ireland.3
- [S609] Baptimal Registery, page 29, Baptimal Record: Family History Library, MF#0926131, March 29, 1872, Denn Parish.
- [S609] Baptimal Registery, page 29, Baptimal Record: Family History Library, MF#0926131. The date of John's baptism is six days before the registration of his birth on April 5, 1872. Confusing!, March 29, 1872, Denn Parish.
- [S2425] John Sullivan, Bellananagh, Cavan, County Cavan birth registration #483; page 105; Coded 02189409, Document provided by Eileen Sullivan from www.irishgenealoyg.ie, February 12, 2017 (April 20, 1872).
- Father: Matthew Sullivan1 b. 5 Dec 1881, d. 21 Mar 1946
- Mother: Bridget Brady1 b. c 1894, d. 6 Nov 1990
Joseph C. Sullivan
M, b. 5 August 1929, d. 19 January 2002
- Father: Philip M. Sullivan b. 19 Nov 1885, d. 20 Jun 1959
- Mother: Nonie H. Mahoney b. 30 Dec 1889, d. 6 Jun 1971
- Birth*: Joseph was born at St. Francis Hospital, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA, on 5 August 1929.1,2
- Residence*: He lived on 22 June 1959 at Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.3
- Marriage*: He married Sandy Shaw on 24 June 1967. Spoke with Sandy Sullivan on the telephone and she told me they had been married for 34 years when Joseph died. March 17, 2003.
Chicago Tribune, Obituary, January 20, 2002, page 7.
Joseph C. Sullivan, 72, of Evanston, loving husband of Sandy, nee Shaw; dear brother of the late Thomas, Philip, Nancy, Rita Ann and Sr. Mary Ellen; pround uncle of Mary Ellen (Chuck), Jean (Peter), Joan (Glenn), Diane, Connie, John, Mary Niki (Robert), Rita (Fred) and the late Sheila (Michael). Memorial mass Wednesday 11 a.m., at St. Margaret Mary Church, 2324 W. Chase Ave., Chicago, IL. Interment private. In Lieu of flowers memorials may be made to the charity of one's choice. Info: Donnellan Family Funeral Services, 847-675-1990..2
- Death*: Joseph died on 19 January 2002 at Evanston Hospital, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA, at age 72.1,2
- Funeral: He received the blessing of the church at the funeral on 26 January 2002 at St. Margaret Mary Church, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA; Memorial Service.2
- Burial*: He was buried on 26 January 2002 at All Saints Cemetery, Des Plaines, Cook County, Illinois, USA; In 2003, Sandy Sullivan told Elaine Watson that Joseph Sullivan had been buried in All Saint's.2
- Biography*: Letter to Joseph C. Sullivan written on March 12, 2003 asking him to lunch.
Elaine M. Watson
5855 N. Sheridan Road
Chicago, IL 60660
March 12, 2003
Mr. Joseph C. Sullivan
250 Ridge Avenue
Evanston, Illinois 60202
Dear Mr. Sullivan:
I think I may be your first cousin once removed. My Mom, Helen Sullivan McIntyre, is the daughter of Al and Nell Sullivan and I believe she is your first cousin. I've been doing genealogy for several years and recently my Mom asked me if I had located Sr. Mary Ellen. They were both born in 1914 and she remembered growing up and visiting often with her. She even told me that Mary Collette taught her how to swim.
In my effort to track down Sr. Mary Ellen, I learned she passed away in 1997. My Mom was so disappointed. She had hoped that she would be able to contact her. The Mater Dei Provincialate provided us with some information about Sr. Mary Ellen and about all the good works she did over her lifetime. The archivist remembered Sr. Mary Ellen and told me she had worked diligently at copying, cutting, and pasting the lives of thousands of deceased Daughters of Charity sisters from all over the world during her three years at Seton. She sent me some information on her and I noted in Sister Mary Ellen's obituary that two of her brothers were still alive.
My Mom was 89 yesterday and I told her at lunch I would try to locate you. Using the Internet, I found your address. I'm writing in the hope that you might be willing to meet my Mom and me for lunch. As you can see from my address, I live pretty close to you. My Mom lives in the same building as I do.
I'm going out-of-town next week and I will be back at the end of March. I'd like to give you a call early next week and set up a date for us to get together in April. I hope you would be willing to meet with us. The telephone number I have for you is 847-491-0281. Please do not hesitate to call or email me.
Elaine M. Watson.4
Family: Sandy Shaw b. 3 Jan 1935, d. 29 Jan 2011
Joseph D. Sullivan1
M, b. 18 November 1924, d. 14 July 1980
- Father: Peter J. Sullivan1 b. 30 Oct 1893, d. 12 Jun 1968
- Mother: Katherine Lee1 b. c 1893, d. 2 Jan 1944
- Birth*: Joseph D. Sullivan was born on 18 November 1924 at Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.1,2,3
- (Witness) Census 1930: He appeared on the 1930 census of 3 April 1930 in the household of Peter J. Sullivan and Katherine Lee at 5816 Ridge Avenue, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.2
- Name Variation: As of 3 January 1944, Joseph D. Sullivan was also known as Donald.4
- Death*: He died on 14 July 1980 at Chicago, Cook, Illinois, USA, at age 55.3
- [S1643] Chicago Tribune, June 13, 1968, page B28, ProQuest, accessed July 3, 2012.
- [S1743] April 3, 1930 Illinois, Cook County, US Census, Washington, DC, ED 1890, page 10 A & B, Ancestry.com, accessed June 9, 2012.
- [S1876] Joseph R. Sullivan, "Peter James Sullivan b1893 Family Group Sheet", Printed from genealogy database.
- [S1761] Chicago Daily News, January 3, 1944, page 25.
Joseph V. Sullivan
M, b. February 1877, d. 2 January 1962
- Birth*: Joseph was born at Illinois, USA, in February 1877.1
- Residence*: He lived on 10 June 1880 at 30 Bremer Street, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.1
- Occupation*: He was Reporter on 8 June 1900.2
- Residence: He lived on 8 June 1900 at 188 Cass Street, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.2
- Employment*: He was employed by the Chicago Transit Authority. When he retired he was the executive assistant to the chairman of the CTA. He worked for the CTA between 1904 and 1948.3
- Marriage*: He married Grace Pomeroy at St. Jarlath Church, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA, on 26 April 1905. Certificate signed by Pastor Thomas Cashman..4,5
- Occupation: Joseph V. Sullivan was a general supervisor on 29 January 1907.6
- Residence*: He and Grace Pomeroy lived before 27 January 1919 at 5800 N. Kenmore, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.7
- (informant) Death: Joseph V. Sullivan was an informant on the death certificate of Grace Pomeroy on 27 January 1919 at Columbus Hospital, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA, at age 37; She was in the hospital for four days before her death.8,7
- Census 1920*: Joseph V. Sullivan appeared on the 1920 census of 10 January 1920 at Chicago, Cook County, Illinois.8
- Occupation: He was a manager of a railway office on 10 January 1920.8
- Address*: As of 28 April 1922, Joseph V. Sullivan lived at 4731 Beacon Street, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA; Informant on Owen Sullivan's death certificate.9
- Marriage*: He married Edna F Nacey, daughter of Patrick Nacey, on 15 April 1926.10,11
- Occupation: Joseph V. Sullivan was an official in the surface lines on 3 April 1930.11
- Census 1930*: He and Edna F Nacey appeared on the 1930 census of 3 April 1930 at 439 Aldine, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA. Living with the family in 1930 was a servent, Helen Kunta, age 20.11
- Residence: Joseph V. Sullivan lived before 1962 at 3172 N. Belmont, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.3
- Death*: He died on 2 January 1962 at Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA, at age 84.
Joseph V. Sullivan, 83, of 3173 N. Sheridan rd., died yesterday in his home. Mr. Sullivan retired as executive assistant to the chairman of the chicago Transit authority in 1948, after 44 years of service. Surviving are a son, George F; a daughter, Mrs. Dorothy Gerding; four grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; a brother, and a sister. Mass will be said at 10:30 a.m. tomorrow in Our Lady of Mount Carmel church 690 Belmont av.
Chicago Tribune, January 3, 1962, page B10
Joseph V. Sullivan of the Belmont Hotel, 3172 N. Sheridan Rd., fond husband of the late Edna Nacey Sullivan, dear father of George F. Sullivan and Dorothy Gerding, grandfather of 4, great-grandfather of 2, brother of Andrew W. Sullivan and Mrs. Albert E. Graser. Funeral Thursday, 10 a.m. from Hursen Chapel, 929 Belmont Ave. to Our Landy of Mt. Carmel Church. Mass 10:30 a.m. Interment Calvary. Omit flowers, please.
Chicago Tribune, January 3, 1962, page B10.3
- Burial: He was buried on 4 January 1962 at Calvary Cemetery, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA. Buried in Lot 1, Block 1, Section U.3
- Funeral*: He received the blessing of the church at the funeral on 4 January 1962 at Our Lady of Mount Carmel, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA.3
Family 1: Grace Pomeroy b. 1 Jan 1882, d. 27 Jan 1919
Family 2: Edna F Nacey b. 15 Nov 1888, d. 26 Jun 1958
- [S498] 1880 US Census, Illinois, Cook County, Chicago, Washington, DC, ED 180, page 167, line 6.
- [S495] 1900 US Census, Illinois, Cook County, Chicago, Washington, DC, ED 719, sheet 9, line 99.
- [S1710] Chicago Tribune, January 3, 1962, B10, ProQuest, accessed January 30, 2013.
- [S594] Donald Joseph Sullivan, Illinois certificate and record of death, Family History Library, MF# 1239971.
- [S1524] Sullivan-Pomeroy Marriage license no. 40752: FamilySearch.org, accessed April 12, 2012.
- [S1522] George Francis Sullivan, Birth Certificate No. 15589, FamilySearch.org, accessed April 12, 2012 (February 4, 1907).
- [S1525] Grace M. Sullivan, Illinois, Certificate of Death, FamilySearch.org, accessed April 12, 2012.
- [S1521] 1920 US Census, Illinois, Cook County, Chicago, Washington, DC, ED 1425, page 6B, Ancestry.com, accessed April 12, 2012.
- [S595] Owen W. Sullivan, Illinois certificate of death, Family History Library, MF# 1877159.
- [S1712] Joseph R. Sullivan, "Joseph V. Sullivan Family Group Sheet", Sheet includes assorted information on Joseph Vincent Sullivan.
- [S1523] 1930 US Census, Illinois, Cook County, Chicago, Washington, DC, ED 1731, page 1B, Ancestry.com, accessed April 12, 2012.
F, b. 27 April 1866
- Birth*: Kate Sullivan was born on 27 April 1866 at Denbawn, Bellanangh, County Cavan, Ireland.2
- Birth: Kate was born in 1877.1
- Marriage*: She married John Sullivan.3
- Residence*: She resided at Carrickaboy, Denn Parish, County Cavan, Ireland, on 19 June 1916.3
Family: John Sullivan d. b 1915
- [S293] Probate Court of Cook County no. 23559 (Doc. 148, page 543), Proof of Heirship, May 10, 1915.
- [S2527] Catherine Sullivan, Ireland, Cavan, Ballinanagh, Denbawn Page 105; #02297944, Accessed September 9, 2017 on irishgenealogy.ie (May 19, 1866).
- [S293] Probate Court of Cook County no. 23559 (Doc. 148, page 543), Certificate of Mailing Petition, March 4, 1915.
F, b. 22 March 1921, d. 30 March 1928
- Father: Philip M. Sullivan2,3 b. 19 Nov 1885, d. 20 Jun 1959
- Mother: Nonie H. Mahoney3,2 b. 30 Dec 1889, d. 6 Jun 1971
- Birth*: Katherine was born at St. Francis Hospital, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA, on 22 March 1921.4,5
- Name Variation: As of 22 March 1921, Katherine Frances Sullivan was also known as Catherine Frances.5
- Address*: As of March 1921, Katherine Frances Sullivan lived at Madison Street, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA.5
- Death*: Katherine died on 30 March 1928 at Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA, at age 7. Sullivan - Katherine Frances Sullivan, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Philip Sullivan (nee Mahoney). Sister of Thomas, Mary, Collette, Agnes, Philip Jr., and Rita Ann. Funeral Monday at 9:30 a.m. from parent's residence 1034 Foster St., Evanston to St. Mary's Church. Burial at Calvary. Chicago Daily News, March 30, 1928, page 62.
Katherine Frances Sullivan, seven year old daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Phillip Sullivan of 1024 Foster street died at her home Friday morning after a two weeks' illness. Katherine had been attending St. Mary's school for a short time. Surviving are her parents, two brothers, Thomas and Phillip, and three sisters, Mary, Agnes and Rita Ann. Funeral services were held Monday at St. Mary's church with the Rev. Charles Sullivan, uncle of the child, saying mass.
Evanston Review, April 5, 1928, page 72.2,4
- Funeral: She received the blessing of the church at the funeral on 2 April 1928 at St. Mary's Church, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA.3
- Burial*: Her body was interred on 2 April 1928 at Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA, at Calvary Cemetery.6
- [S1137] Catherine Frances Sullivan, Illinois birth certificate no. 249, Family Search Record Search, accessed March 10, 2010 (May 10, 1921).
- [S332] Chicago Daily News, 30 March 1928, p. 62.
- [S509] Evanston Review, 5 April 1928, p. 72.
- [S410] Philip M. Sullivan Family Bible.
- [S580] Catherine Frances Sullivan, Illinois birth certificate no. 249, Family History Library, MF# 1308633 (May 10, 1921).
- [S5] James Sullivan Cemetery Record, Graves purchased 1881, Calvary Cemetery, Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, USA, N. W. Cor. 1 ft. frm N. Line.